Chapter 53

*Mature Content Warning*

The morning air shined through the window and fell right across my face, making me whine before I turned around and felt Draco's warm skin tickle my nose.

"Mornin'." He mumbled in a hoarse voice, but I never responded. Not until I had an epiphany and jolted suddenly to look at his face. "What, baby?" He whispered with his eyes shut.

"HAPPY-"

"Merlin, not this again." He chuckled, covering his head with a pillow.

"BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I started to cheer, pushing on his chest with my hands and jumping around the bed on my knees. "I have loads of presents for you! I'm so prepared, I've had some of them since last October. Just ignore the Christmas wrapping." I giggled. He moved the pillow from his face to reveal his sleepy smirk and messy hair.

"Terribly funny." He whispered, his voice still groggy from the lack of use. His hand found my waist and he pulled me in closer, slipping it under my t-shirt and around my back. "If you give me 5 minutes to wake up, I'll open your presents." He bargained, earning a large smile from me. "As long as one is my bloody firebolt. I feel as though I've been deprived of such joy for months." He teased.

"You were a dick for months! I wasn't going to award such behavior!" I laughed, leaning off of his chest. Things were pleasant now. Different. Better.

"Speaking of dicks," he changed the subject, "it's been a while since I've gotten to please you." He whispered, running his hand up my bare thigh and towards my panties. "Let me get a different birthday present right now." He raised a brow to challenge me.

"Maybe after your party." I laughed, climbing from the bed and getting ready to leave his room. "No. Definitely after your party." I assured him.

"A party? On a Wednesday?" He quizzed, his brows furrowed. The look reminded me so much of when he was a little boy, running around this manor and dragging me into trouble.

"Oh, please." I shot him a look. "Like you care what day of the week you host your party." I laughed, holding on to the doorframe and leaning out of the room.

"Our party, Emmy Jane." He corrected me, making my cheeks burn into a scarlet color.

"Do you like them?" I asked Draco in a giddy voice, my hands clasped under my chin and a large grin on my face.

"Yes, I like them." He chuckled, looking down that the pile of gifts that he magically had moved to the floor. "Thank you, Emmy." He smiled, leaning over towards me and kissing my cheek.

"We can play quidditch later if you'd like." I chirped, making him smile a little wider.

"If you want to get beat, then yes. I suppose we could play one of these days. However," he looked at the time and saw that it was already well into the afternoon, "I believe we have a party to get ready for, do we not?" He questioned. I let out a sigh and nodded before I climbed down.

"I guess I'll go get ready. I think everyone is supposed to start getting here around 5:00. You know Blaise, he'll be here by 4:00, and I have a feeling that Crabbe and Goyle will be here shortly after." I have a breathless laugh before I walked towards the door.

"Wear something white." He said shortly as he walked towards his closet.

"Why? You planning on getting married during the after party?" I teased. He rolled his eyes before he pulled out his suit on a hanger.

"No, because we always match." He mocked me. "Just because I'm 17 and am considered an adult in the eyes of the wizarding world doesn't mean I'm ready for our grand matrimony yet." He winked. Now I was the one who rolled my eyes, pulling the door shut behind me.