Chapter 28

*Mature Content Warning*

"Well, I heard you had a crazy vacation," Ella chuckled, scooping some peas into her mouth while she skimmed through a large textbook.

"Don't tell me. I don't think I want to know." I groaned, glancing down the table at Draco who was laughing with his friends.

"I mean it's nothing worse than the usual stuff he's said about you. Just the usual snarky remarks. How annoying you were. Shit like that." She shrugged as she kept her gaze on the parchment. I moved my fork around on the plate before my eyes moved to Theo's.

He wasn't paying any attention to me either. But it was like he could feel my stares on his face because he glanced at me quickly with his wide smile still on his face before he shot me a wink and returned to his conversation.

It almost felt real to me. Which is what needed to happen. It needed to be believable. And I needed to move on.

"Hello, gorgeous." Blaise's voice caught me by surprise as it sat next to me quickly, keeping his feet out in the aisle like he was going to stand back up at any second.

But what really caught me by surprise was the lips that he placed on my temple quickly, a smirk on his lips as he pulled away.

"Don't think I gave up on shooting my shot there, Prince." He teased, making me roll my eyes. "Party tomorrow night in the common room. Malfoy's request." He sighed, standing up to move on to another section of the table to inform them.

"For what?" I asked him curiously. He shrugged his shoulders as he walked away.

"Shits and giggles." He shouted back, a smile still pulled up on his lips.

"Well, it could be worse. You could've not gotten invited at all." Ella chuckled as she moved her eyes up to match mine.

"That's because he wasn't the one doing the inviting." I laughed.

"How does it look?" I asked Theo as I straightened out the bottom of my short cocktail dress. His eyes never left mine as he stood behind me in the mirror.

"You're so gorgeous." He beamed, wrapping his arms around my waist and laying his chin on my shoulder. I giggled lightly as I placed my hands over his.

"You know, you don't have to say these things when we're alone. You can just pretend when we're around people." I teased, unsnaking his arms from my waist and heading towards the door.

"What if I'm not pretending?" He chuckled, following after me. I rolled my eyes and shot him a look.

"Guess you'll just have to prove it to me." I chuckled, swinging the door open and grabbing his hand in mine.

I let him lead us down the stairs from my dorm before we entered the common room. Smoke in the air. Green lights flashing. Music pumping.

Theo slid his arm around the back of my waist before he pulled me closer.

"I'll get us some drinks, love, why don't you go join Blaise." He mumbled against the side of my head.

A small smile pulled at the corners of my lips while I nodded my head. He smiled down at me before his lips pressed to the side of my head.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was just getting affection or if I was just really into getting back at Draco, but my stomach swarmed with a tingling feeling that I never thought I'd get from another boy.

"So I guess I won't be shooting my shot." Blaise chuckled as I sat down on the sofa next to him. I felt my face fill with blush as I looked over at Theo.