Chapter 52

*Mature Content Warning*

This chapter discusses s/a and other triggering topics.

——

"I don't want to get up." Draco groaned in to my hair. I let out a whimper and tucked my face back into his warm chest to block out the daylight that was filling the room. "How many more nights am I going to have to let you sleep in here with me?" He chuckled, grabbing a handful of my hair and tugging my head back gently so he could see my sleepy face.

"Until my nightmares stop." I huffed, pulling my head away from his hand and laying my face back against his skin.

"I'm surprised you trust me enough to sleep in here with me. I am the nightmare itself, after all." He joked, wrapping his arms around my lower back and pulling me into him. "Not that I've been minding. I like getting to touch you without you denying me." He whispered, nibbling on my earlobe. I let out a small laugh and tried to shove him away, but he tightened his arms and held on to me. "This is nice, isn't it?"

"Mmhm," I sighed, running my fingers along his hip while I kept my eyes shut.

"I don't get nightmares when you stay with me." He told me, but it was quite obvious as he slept through the last couple nights. "Blaise is supposed to be here any minute. I just don't want to do it anymore." He whispered, making himself more comfortable and holding on to me.

"I'm glad you're doing this. Getting help." I mumbled sheepishly.

"I'm trying. Just wish it wasn't such a long process." He told me tiredly.

"We have as long as it takes." I reminded him, but he let out an amused laugh.

"If it ever works. I can't fake affections towards you forever." He joked. Ouch. It didn't sting as bad as it would have weeks ago. I was coming to terms with our situation now. "I better get going. I'll see you later." He sighed, removing his arms from my torso and crawling out of his bed. "Maybe we can do something together tonight." He suggested, pulling on a pair of sweatpants and looping the laces together.

"What? You'd rather hang out with me instead of your boyfriends for once?" I teased him, sitting up on his bed and watching him get dressed.

"I hang out with them every other night. I want to try something new." He shrugged. "Like I said— I'm trying. I'm trying for you, Emelia." He grew serious as he peaked up at me with his eyes.

"That's what you told me while I was high out of my mind and dreaming." I laughed, but he didn't join in as he placed his hands on the bed and crawled over me slightly.

"I'll make you a deal. If you stop playing around with drugs, I'll stop something." He whispered huskily, his eyes resting on my lips. My heart stopped for a moment, and I felt my breathing hitch from how close he was.

"You stop thinking you'll never love me again, and I'll stop." I bargained with him, and his lips curled up into a smirk.

"I can work with that." He nodded. "Step 1- meeting with Blaise. Step 2- date tonight. Me and you." He told me, standing up straight and walking towards the door.

"Did I hear that correctly? A date?" I called after him.

"Don't make me repeat it or I'll change my mind." He yelled back, his back still face me as he walked out the door.

Blaise led me to the lower level where he had been helping Draco all afternoon. I didn't think it was a good idea, but Blaise said he thought it would help speed up the process.