Chapter 26

*Mature Content Warning*

"I feel bad. Like I need to apologize to him." I whispered to Theo as we sat at a table in the back corner of the library.

"You know you can't. If you so much as bat an eye towards him, I think Draco's going to kill him." Theo mumbled back, flipping through a few more pages to complete his potions homework. I let out a long sigh as I ran the tips of my fingers through my silky hair.

"I feel at fault." I mumbled defeatedly, making Theo turn his gaze up towards me.

"You aren't. If anything, that sick lunatic you used to run around with deserves to be locked up. 'Fell down the staircase'— yeah right. How often to people take someone to the hospital wing beaten that badly and they 'fell down the stairs'?" Theo scoffed. "He's so fucking annoying." He grumbled. I rolled my tongue inside my cheek while I continued writing on my parchment.

"Who is?" A stone cold voice asked as it stood just a few feet away from us. My quill snapped in my hand, making him snicker slightly. "Remember that quill I bought you last year? The one with the gold coating? Yeah, it wouldn't have snapped like that." Draco mocked me, his eyes gawking at the broken feather that rested on the table now.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Theo asked him lowly, tilting his head to the side slightly to get a better glare at the boy.

Draco threw his hands in the air defensively as he stood up off of the bookshelf, acting as though Theo had no reason to be treating Draco the way he was.

"Now, now. I'm allowed to have a discussion with my best friend if I'd lik-"

"She's not your best friend. Not anymore. You made that clear weeks ago." Theo bit back at the boy, his teeth clenching shut as the two of them looked at each other.

Draco's eyes narrowed daringly as a small smirk tugged at the corners of his light pink lips.

"Hence the sarcasm in my tone, Nott. As much as it pains my dignity, I do have to talk to," Draco's eyes settled on me, disgust replacing his look of amusement, "her." He seethed out. Theo rolled his once while I sat back in my chair.

I fiddled with my fingers under the table, my stomach churning as I felt the silver daggers still burning holes into the side of my head. I nodded my head slowly, moving my gaze up to Theo.

"I'll come find you later." I whispered timidly, feeling as though my confidence was drained from my body.

This devil was like a dementor. Sucking me dry as the seconds ticked on. Draining me of any ounce of happiness that may have lingered in my body.

A bloody nightmare.

"So," he chuckled, smirking at Theo as he replaced him in his seat across from me, "I'd ask how you are, but honestly I don't give a single fuck." He snickered, leaning back in the chair and crossing his arms over his chest.

So cocky. So smug. So mean.

I nodded my head slowly while my eyes remained on the table in front of me. I didn't dare look up. I didn't utter a word. Just stared. My hands shaking slightly and my palms sweating.

"I know you're coming to our Christmas party. I already talked to my mother." He said lowly, reaching across and picking up the broken pieces of my quill.

I flinched back slightly before I realized what he was doing. My breathing hitched for a second, but long enough for him to notice.

"Are you really that scared I'm going to do something to you?" He asked me, waiting for an honest answer. My eyes finally trailed up to meet his, every muscle in my body tensing as they did. "So you are scared of me?" He asked, raising his brow up.