Chapter 1

I wrote this when I was 14 and it's more cliche than I thought it was at the time, so I apologise in advance.

My name is Nancy Montgomery. I'm 16 years old and i'm from Rosewood, which is what I recently found out. Before this, I was known as Nancy James from Cornwall.

My parents never bothered telling me that I was adopted. for the last 16 years of my life I believed I was just a girl in England who didn't quite fit in. It's only quite recently I found out that my Mother's womb has never contained me. As surreal as it sounds, I don't think I was as shocked as I should have been when I received an email from a long lost sister.

Aria described her, or our, family to me and I instantly felt like I belonged. I loved to write like my sister Aria, I was quite sporty like my brother Mike, and I loved art like both my sister and my Mother, Ella. she didn't really describe my father, Byron, in much detail, but i'm sure he's lovely. Every time I learnt something new about my Birth family I felt closer to them and wanted to move in right away, leaving everything i've ever known behind. I don't hate my adopted parents, and i'm not depressed or anything, but life in Rosewood with the Montgomery's seems perfect.

My adopted family is far from perfect. My dad, John, owns an ice cream stall in St. Ives. you expect an ice cream man to be all jolly and smiley, but not my dad. There weren't many jobs available before he inherited his stall from a family member. At home, he's pretty much the same. He sometimes hits Mum, and doesn't talk unless you ask him something.

My Mum, Carol, spends most of her time in the garden collecting eggs from our chickens. She then sells them to mainly locals, as most shops are tourist related here, so don't really sell essentials. My Mum is also quite superstitious, and spends most of her free time 'contacting spirits' in the hope to get closer Michael Jackson. She took fangirling to the next level.

My Mother has blonde hair and blue eyes. My Father has black hair and green eyes. I have medium brown hair and hazel eyes. My parents are quite big. They're tall and quite stocky, whereas I am shorter and thin.