Chapter 26

The police woman didn't have much time to question me before I ran back into the underground prison I had been living in for the last few months. I had seen other police officers with torches enter, but they weren't going the way they needed to. I heard a few people shouting my name, but I remembered the poor girl. I would hate it if an intimidating police officer found her with a brightly torch instead of me, who had been in her shoes. I ran the direction I had ran earlier in the day, until I saw a blonde girl sitting on the floor hugging her knees. Her head was bent, so it looked like she was either crying or hiding. It could be both.

I didn't want to scare the girl, so j bent down. Before approaching her, I spoke to let her know I was here.
"Hello. It's me Nancy. I saw you earlier. We can escape, please come with me." I said in a calm voice. She slowly lifted her head to look up at me with her sad eyes. She was shaking, and I could tell she was very traumatised by everything. I gave her a reassuring smile before she slowly lifted her hand towards me. As she stood up, I put my arm around her. I didn't want to scare her, but I wanted her to feel safe.

"'My name is Sarah Harvey." The blonde said to me, looking into my eyes. I felt privileged that she had chosen to trust me, after everything she had been through. We started to slowly make our way towards the exit, walking faster the closer we got.

As exited the place for the second time, I noticed more people had arrived. The people included more police officers, paramedics, and I'm presuming family members. There was police barricade tape enclosing us in the small clearing. It was night time, but the section had been lit up by vehicle lights and torches. Before I had gone down to find Sarah, it had been quiet apart from the sound of crying and whispers. Now, you could hear police sirens and busy officers trying to get everything in order while trying to talk through their screechy walkie-talkies, despite the fact the fact you could hardly hear what the person with the other devise was saying. There was a very busy, yet relieved atmosphere.

I group of officers came to help Sarah, as you could tell from her physical appearance that she had had it worse than any of us. She didn't struggle and went willingly, so I decided to go and see Aria.

When Aria saw me, she came running towards me. Behind her came Spencer, as their family's were huddled together and talking. I was happy to have Aria's arms around me again. I could feel a sisterly bond already. As we slowly walked over - looking quite awkward trying to walk and hug at the same time - Spencer's family were taken to the side to be talked to by the police. I could feel a small smile on my face, recognising Ella. Byron wasn't yet here, so it was just me, Aria and Ella. Ella noticed the look on my face when I saw her, but like I expected she didn't seem recognise my face.