Chapter 47

The next few days went reasonably fast. Ella kept trying to tell us all she knew she was in the coma, but all you had to do was look at her sad eyes to know the truth. Knowing about Ella being in a coma made the fact she didn't remember giving birth to me considerably more logical. I met some of Mike's friends, as well as seeing the Aria's friends again. We would have done more, but the trip to England didn't leave us much time. Before we knew it we were at the airport, each of us lugging a different coloured shiny suitcase.

"I wonder how obvious it is that they're not together." Mike asked rhetorically as we watched Byron and Ella march ahead through the airport, noisily dragging their luggage behind them. They hadn't spoke since we got out of the taxi and there was at least 2 metres between them as they walked. It was obvious we were with them, due to the similar cases, resemblance, and how we were going the same way, so it must have been funny for people so watch and guess what our situation was.

Once we had gone through all the security checks and bought some makeup and chocolate from the duty free section, we waited in line to get on our flight. I cringed, but was so relieved to be showing my passport photo for the last time. I got it taken when I was thirteen, and I really was not looking my best. My eyebrows were extremely over plucked, and for some reason I thought rainbow coloured braces was a perfectly good idea. No wonder I had hardly any friends. I wouldn't have been my friend.

When we arrived on the plane we were told where to sit. The seats we were given had three of us sitting together, and the other two sitting in the row behind with a stranger. We decided to the boys sit behind and the girls sit in front. It would have been nice to have me, Mike, and Aria together, but we figured this avoid any unnecessary arguments between the adults.

I violent sucked on my blackcurrant boiled sweet, despite the fact I had always hated the flavour. I knew that if I stopped to get a new flavour, my ears would pop. Luckily, my ears didn't pop this time. As the plane left the ground at about 11PM, we were all tired. I didn't know I was tired until I woke up, checked my watch, and it was 5AM. The flight was about fourteen hours long, so we still weren't even halfway.

"Aria." I said quietly into Aria's ear while gently shaking her.

"What?" Aria asked me, squinting with one eye.

"Look at the sunrise." I said, leaning over her to point out of the window at the beautiful colours filling the sky. Aria smiled, but make watched the sunrise through the screen of her phone as she room photos of it. It's amazing how she still has any memory on that iPhone, as she takes photos of anything and everything.

Once the sun had rose a little more, we closed the blind and went back to sleep until about ten. It was amazing how we got so much sleep sitting upright in an uncomfortable aeroplane seat. For the first time in history, I hadn't been say in front of a loud toddler who kicked the back of my chair to death.

After some more long hours of reading, chatting, listening to music, and eating some overpriced snacks, the pilot informed the passengers to refasten their belts and get ready for landing. I quickly did that I had a boiled sweet. I was paranoid about my ears popping, as usual.

As we felt the wheels of the plane hit the ground, some people cheered, clapped, or even whistled. I, however, stayed put in my chair looking as unamused as possible.