Chapter 55

"I hope we all see you again soon!" Ella said as she hugged Carol. That was something that I never would have expected if you had asked me a week ago.

It had been over a week since we arrived in England, and it was time for us to go back to America. I was relieved to be leaving, as there was a big chance that I might have been forced to stay in Cornwall. I was so grateful that my adoptive parents were letting me stay with the Montgomeries. I could see they were going to miss me, and I would kiss them too. I really needed to get to know and spent time with my birth family, and if they forced me to stay nobody would be happy.

"I will miss you, Mum." I said into my adoptive mother's shoulder. My voice was muffled in the thick, wooly cardigan she was wearing, despite the fact it wasn't yet autumn.

"I'll miss you too, darling." She replied, now looking down into my eyes with he hands on my shoulders. I've always been shorter than average, so when my very tall adoptive mother did this to me, it made me feel like an umperlumped. Without the orange face, as my makeup wasn't that bad.

Once everyone else had said their goodbyes, the five of us were in the back of a taxi and heading for the airport. It was only 10am, so we wouldn't be on the plane for the entire night. We would get home in the early hours of the morning, so it would be possible to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep before daytime. I usually struggles to nap on a flight. Especially if there are young children who feel the urge to scream and cry sitting anywhere near you.

"You had a better time than you thought you would." Aria said to me with a smirk once we we were finally seated on the aeroplane. We were seated about six rows back from everyone else, so Aria and I would be spending the next fourteen hours or so sandwiched between a an arguing couple.

"I was just preparing myself for the worst." I said in a manner-of-factly tone.

"I can't believe you seriously chose to leave your beautiful cottage and the beautiful beaches for Rosewood. The most attractive thing in rosewood is probably . . . I can't even thing because it's so uninteresting." Aria tried to explain.

"I can't believe it only rained twice during the week. If it had rained any more, you'd be begging to get back home. Also, rosewood is gorgeous, and I think I know what you think is the most attractive thing in Rosewood." I started to smirk he exact same smirk Aria had given me a few minutes ago. "You haven't talked a lot about your teacher."

"Ex-teacher," Aria interrupted. "And yes, you did a pretty good job at reading my mind."

"So are you and Ezra currently together?" I loved asking her boyfriend questions, as it made her blush. I had always been the one who would blush at a drop of a hat, and now there's someone else who does the same.

"Well we're not together together," Aria began to explain and used her finger at quotation marks when she said together. "I've never loved someone the way I love Ezra, and I'm pretty sure he feels the same."

"Well why don't you just be together then? Where's the logic in being complicated? If two people love each other, they should be together." I had to try not to raise my voice.

"I don't know..." Aria said.

We spend the next half hour or so talking about Ezra. After that, we discussed sleeping arrangements now that I was officially moving in. We decided that I would move into the spare room next to Mike's once we had both decorated it together. We were both creative purple, so didn't get tired of talking room themes for at least an hour and a half.