Chapter 34

I woke up at 10am. It was an amazing feeling waking up after having enough sleep. I couldn't remember ever having a day where I didn't want to go back to sleep after waking up. I had slept for 12 hours, which was a long time, but Aria hadn't woken up yet. Being in a relatively new place, I didn't feel comfortable wandering around the house alone yet. I got up off of my makeshift bed on the floor and took a seat on Aria's window seat. We had been so tired last night that we hadn't bothered to close the curtains, so I had a clear view of the outside of the window, unlike the soil surroundings of my room underground that I was forced to stay in. Outside Aria's house were police officers. Ella had told us that officers would be guarding the house until the person who kidnapped us all was caught. It want just our house, but everyone else who was down there.

I spend a while watching our of the window. At one point media arrived, but the police thankfully sent them away. At about half ten Aria awoke from her mini hibernation.

"Hey Nancy." Aria said sleepily while turning to me. Although she yawned as she said this, her eyes were bright which showed she wasn't still tired. Although we both and probably woken up once or twice, we had had enough sleep to catch up on all the sleep we had missed.

We chatted for a while about the dollhouse. We weren't comfortable with telling everyone what hat happened, but we had experimented the same thing so it felt normal. I learnt about how Aria got there and what would have happened if we hadn't escaped when we did. After our conversation, we headed downstairs for breakfast, which was more like brunch as it was closer to midday than your average breakfast time. Aria lead and I followed.

The toast popped from the toaster, causing me to snap out of my little daydream. I was thinking about my family back in Cornwall and how o had to talk to them. Even though I hadn't spent long away from them my whole life until recently, I didn't seem to miss them. Sure, I loved them, but I didn't get on with them and would much rather be around people I have things in common with. I decided to talk to Aria about this while buttering my toast.

"I think you should just call them today. Run and get your phone to see what time it'll be in England right now so you don't end up calling at 2am or something crazy like that." Aria said mid-munch as I went to put my dish in the sink. After I had left my dish, I raced up the stairs to grab my phones. I hadn't been on it since the police had given my luggage back, so I was expecting a huge amount of notifications from apps I don't even go on anymore.

I slowly returned to the kitchen while typing my password into my iPhone. My face must have said everything as I saw the amount of text messages, as I saw Aria was looking confused.

"I haven't read any yet, but I have like 197 text messages, which probably more than I've received in my entire life." I explained with a slight confused laugh.

"Come over here so I can see." Aria said, tapping the chair beside her at the kitchen table. I loved how in the short space of time we had been together we were close enough to invade each other's phones without he embarrassment of weird texts or awkward selfies.

It would take a while to scroll to the first text, as all but one text were from the same number. I read the newest text from my biggest fan out loud.

"If you don't come home now we will have to call the police. You can't stay out in a different country with a bunch of strangers, Nancy - mum."