Chapter 36

I was greeted by being pulled into a huge hug from Spencer. Once Spencer had finished suffocating me in kindness, I looked around the room. On the chairs, I saw Hanna, Emily, and I presume Alison. They were talking, but stopped once they noticed me and smiled on my direction.

"I'm Alison, in case you didn't know." Said the girl who I could now confirm was Alison. Emily patted a seat next to nee signalling for me to sit next to her. Although the seat didn't have a back to it, it was surprisingly comfortable. While Spencer and Aria came over to sit opposite me on the sofa with Alison, I had a good look around the room. I was in love with the dark grey kitchen with the rest in light colours. The room was beautifully decorated and made me feel like I was in a fancy hotel somewhere abroad, but still felt casual and homely.

"How long are you staying around Rosewood for, Nanc?" Hanna asked me. She had already given me a nickname and Ioved it. All my worries about being secretly disliked went away by someone not pronouncing the Y of my name.

"If it was up to me, forever, but read this." I said unlocking my phone and showing Hanna the texts I had received earlier. Emily leant over and had a look, too. Both girls looked shocked that my mother hadn't seemed to be ecstatic about me being safe.

"Let's have a look." Alison said, intrigued by Hanna and Emily's reaction. I leant over and showed the texts to Alison and Spencer who were both equally as shocked.

"I'm pretty sure one of my parents had a case like this where a sixteen year old wanted to live away from her parents without their permission. In her case, I think it was for school, but I'm sure if I ask my mom or dad they'll be able to help." Spencer assured me. At least someone was feeling optimistic.

"Can't you just say that she's a rude...person and that you just don't want to live with her." Alison asked rhetorically, pausing to make sure she didn't offend me by calling my mum a name. I think we were all thinking of the same word, and I agreed anyway.

"I don't think it works like that, Ali." Spencer replied with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"I know Caleb was sixteen when he started living alone. He did it all legally and he didn't even have a parent to ask permission from, so there has to be a way." Hanna butted in. I hoped all the girls were right, as I wasn't planning to returning to Europe anytime soon.

"Why don't you go into the next room and call your her?" Aria asked, referring to my adoptive mother. She didn't refer to her a my mom, because we both were convinced Ella was my mother.