Chapter 9

//Thank you so much for reading my story. If you like it, please vote and comment. It won't take long, but will make my day//

"So, where are you off to?"

I jumped in my seat, forgetting I wasn't alone.

"I'm going to visit some family in America" I answered to the taxi driver, trying not to let my nervousness or awkwardness show. This answer the full truth, but I wasn't about to hit him with a truck load of information. He was probably only being polite, anyway.

After our 10 second conversation ended, the driver put on Radio 1. I thought to myself about how this could be the last time I listen to a BBC radio station, but then told myself to stop acting like I was in some emotional music video. Although I was glad the radio was on to avoid awkward small talk, let's just say the taxi driver wouldn't make it past the auditions on the X-Factor.

We arrived at Newquay airport at exactly 2 o'clock in the morning. I payed the driver and thanked him for taking me. I then opened the car door, lugging my bulky suitcase behind me. It was cold, so I power walked to the airport entrance.
There wasn't a huge queue. I wasn't sure what I was queuing for, but queued anyway. I had my suitcase weighed and then conveyor belted away. Next, I went to get my handbag checked. I could walk faster now, as k didn't have my heavy suitcase, so walked faster than before.
My bag was searched. I felt like a criminal, but it was over within minutes. The only thing taken out was some hand cream I hadn't noticed was in a side pocket of the bag. I wouldn't miss it, as i didn't even know it existed. I then went to wait in line to board the plane.
On the plain my seat was next to two old ladies. The two both wore typical old lady others and had curly grey hair. I looked at their faces, and figured they were either sisters or twins. I quietly sat next to the two. They smiled and started asking me questions about myself and where I was going. I found out they were going to visit one of the ladies son in Philadelphia. I also found out they were twins and their names were Winnie and Lily. I didn't feel uncomfortable around them, and I chatted until the air hostesses started to do their little presentations on what to do in an emergency.
I still had a phone signal, as we were still on the ground. It was five minutes until the plane would be soaring through the sky. I received a text
'I hope you have a safe flight. We're so excited to see you, kisses -A'
I was so excited to see Aria!
"Make sure you're seat belts are fastened, as the plane is about to start." Is what I heard from the speakers. Winnie offered me a hard boiled sweet to suck on for the take off prevent my ears from popping. I thanked her before leaning forward to look out of the window. Goodbye England!