Chapter 38

About an hour passed before Spencer announced that her sister was coming over and her family was going out for dinner. Her sister, Melissa, hadn't been able to get a plane ticket unroll now, and this would be her first time seeing Spencer since she got out of the dollhouse. Spencer still needed to get ready for the meal, so we left.

"Hey Nancy, I don't have your number yet." Alison said hopefully as we exited through the double doors in Spencer's livingroom.

"Copy this." I replied to Ali while unlocking my phone to show her my number. I didn't know my mobile number off by heart, so I had my details saved to my contacts.

"I'll text you with my name later, okay?" Alison told me while walking backwards to her house next door so she could still look at me.

"Okay." I replied, smiling to myself at my TFIOS reference. Alison returned the smile before we both turned to walk in separate directions without the fear of bumping into a lamppost.

Is suddenly struck me that I still needed to bring up the fact I had to see my adoptive parents. I knew I had to do this sooner rather than later, as they could change their mind as fast as I can click my fingers. I hoped Aria hadn't noticed I was hiding something, as I was trying my very bast to act like nothing was going on.

"It's a shame Mona couldn't be there today." I said, starting a conversation so that the silence wouldn't become suspicious or awkward, as none were particularly positive.

"Alison and Mona aren't exactly the best of friends," Aria explained. "In fact, up until recently Mona hasn't exactly been ok our good side either."

While we walked through the unfamiliar streets together, Aria told me everything about what Mona was like before I knew her. As horrible as Mona had been to everyone, my feelings about her didn't really change. The way I knew Mona was the funny, kind, and welcoming girl who helped me find my family. Before Emily, Hanna, Spencer, and Aria arrived in Alison's pretend house, Mona had been the only one I had. Naturally, we had shared everything together and had talked for hours.

"I can give you Mona's number when we get in if you want, Nance." Aria said while unlocking her front door. Because I didn't know Rosewood very well, I had no idea whether we were a minute or twenty minutes away from Aria's house.

In the main room of the house, Mike was slouched on a sofa playing some kind of game on his iPhone. He was wearing sports clothes, so I presumed he hadn't been home long. I could see Ella I'm the kitchen through the large doorway preparing some kind of food, but couldn't quite make out what she was making.

"I've made a little salad with cucumber and tomatoes in of you want to eat that before dinner." Ella shores from the kitchen. I burst into an unexpected fit of giggles, which made Aria, Ella, and Mike all give me funny looks.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not used to American accents and pronunciation yet, for example tomato." I explained. By the look on everyone's face when I pronounced tomato in my accent, I think they understood.

We decided to save the salad for a side with our dinner while me and Aria went upstairs. There was about another ten minutes until our food would be ready, and I decided it was time to tell her about the text. Still being the little scaredy cat I had always been, I just handed Aria my phone instead of explaining.

"It looks like we're going on vacation to England, then." Aria said confidently with a reassuring smile.