Chapter 62

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you so much for reading my story, and please tell me if I start rambling and the story gets really boring. Also, do you like the new cover I made or do you prefer the last one?

The bell rang, signalling that it was time for lessons to start again. I frowning at my timetable, confused on where to go, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey." I turned round to see Ella. I'm guessing the majority of people wouldn't want their parents to work at their school, but so far I have loved being able to give my mum a quick smile whenever I see her in the hallways.

"Why hello, Nancy." Ella said as she handed me a piece of paper. "Your timetable has been changed slighly and I was told to give you your new one."

I quickly compared the two timetables to find out which lessons I had different. I still had Mr Saltzman for history, but instead of a random supply teacher I had Ella. I also had an extra art lesson, which I clearly was happy about.

"So if I forget to do my English homework, will I get a detention or get grounded?" I asked. Ella pulled one of those 'I'm pretending you're not absolutely hilarious and that I'm super serious' faces before answering my question.

"I think living under the same roof as your English teacher means that you will be harassing you to make sure it's done?" Ella answered my question with an answer. Is it even worth arguing with a qualified English teacher? I think not.

The hallways weren't empty, but if I didn't get to my lesson quickly I'd be late. I still had another few days of using the 'New girl' excuse, but I still didn't want to be stated at anymore this I already am for walking into the room when everybody else is already seated. Luckily, I found my way to the geography classroom quite quickly for a person who literally had no idea where she was going.

"Nance." I heard the nickname people I knew had started to give me. I kind of liked it. I know it was just that people didn't have the energy to pronouns the Y at the end of my name, but it still made me feel like I was something special.

"Hello." I said to my brother, who was sitting on the third row. He was sitting with two of his friends, hit had saved a space for me. It was cute having a big brother. We had no idea who was born first, but he was taller and more muscly than I would ever be. He also had been acting protective over me recently. It was nice to know someone had my back if someone framed me for murder. It sounds like a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised hearing what happens in Rosewood.

"Your girlfriend's hot, Mike." Some boy from the back of the class shouted. He was playing on his phone with his feet up on the desk. Even if he hadn't said anything, I still wouldn't have liked him. I judge people by their body language. I'm a judgey person.

"Ignore him." Mike said to me in a quiet voice after seeing I was a little embarrassed. He then went on to explaining that the kid who thought I was dating my brother, who's apparently called Connor, is mean to everyone. Mike told me that he kissed Aria and spread rumours about her and Mr Fitz. I was hearing a lot about Mr Fitz, but hadn't met the famous ex-English teacher yet.

For the rest of the lesson I labelled maps and graphs on rainfall in the Amazon rainforest. I would have been bored to death, but the teacher let us quietly chat. I was talking to two girls during the lesson. One of the girls was called Erin, and I was pretty sure the other girl's name began with a 'P'. Whatever letter it was, it was better then 'A'. It was nice talking to new people, but I was obviously third wheeling inseparable best friends. It would have got awkward fast if the bell hadn't rang, indicating that we only had one lesson until we got to go home. My bed wanted me.

"What a coincidence seeing you here." Aria said to me as I stepped out of my Health classroom. It was obvious she hadn't had any drama classes recently, because she wasn't doing a good job of hiding the fact she knew exactly where I would be.

"I'm not an idiot. You had English with Mum last lesson and you asked her where I'd be." I said, laughing at my sister who seemed to thing I was an idiot. She was the one smiling like an idiot though. "What are you smiling at?"

"I get really happy when you call mom 'mum'," Aria said, mimicking the word I used for mother. "I've always wanted a little sister. For the first month or so, it was like having a new best friend, but you're finally feeling like a sister I've had my whole life."

"What sort of sisters are we if we haven't had an argument yet?" I asked as we began to walk out of the school together.

"Sister sisters." Aria said, making no sense whatsoever. She wrapped her arms tightly around my neck so that I almost tripped over. I think this was supposed to be some sort of hug, but in reality it made us look weird and get even more funny looks from other students.

"Do you two want to go and get a drink at the brew?" Hanna was waiting outside the school, so asked us when we were finally out.

"Well unfortunately our mom has organised a mini family meeting in Fitz's old room, so my lovely sisters are going to have to come with me." Mike said to Hanna, appearing from nowhere.

We planned to meet Hanna at the brew after this 'mini meeting' Mike was talking about. Then, we went back into school and made our way to Ella's classroom. Well, Mike and Aria lead the way and I followed behind them. I wasn't used to the layout of this school yet, seeing as this was only day one.

"Okay, so I didn't have a class 5th period, so I spent my time researching and emailing Rosewood hospital." Ella told the three of us. "Anyway, they have no records of me staying there. Weird? I know. Anyway, then I remembered we went on holiday to France in 1999, which was obviously sixteen years ago. I think you two could be French."

It took us all a few seconds to process what Ella had just said. But still, why would being born in France have anything to do with me being adopted my an English couple?