Chapter 18

By the next day, it was clear he or she knew me and Mona had met. I had woken up earlier than usual to my room's lights steadily getting brighter. I sat up and ribbed my eyes.

"Please exit your rooms and follow the lighted pathway." Was what I repeatedly heard coming from a speaker in the top corner of my bedroom. The voice was clearly not a human voice and was mechanical, so I couldn't distinguish the gender of the evil person who was controlling this dungeon.

For the first time since I had been kidnapped and taken here, I had left this little room. The corridor outside my room was dark, apart from some dotted lighting at the bottom of the walls. There were plenty of other big, heavy doors and I wondered where they lead to. I started walking to the left, as that was the way the lights were guiding me. As I reached the fourth door along I heard the sound of a door opening from behind me. I turned rounds to see Mona. I smiled, before turning back round to continue walking down the ugly corridor. I didn't want to be punished for not doing what it says, and I knew it wouldn't think twice before starving me or turning the deafening alarms on.

The corridor lead to a room that was decorated and furnished to resemble a living room. The walls were painted a light shade of blue, which made you feel as calm and you could knowing where you were. There were cute, old fashioned looking picture hunt up on the painted walls, along with similar coloured lamps. The sofa and chairs were quite plain, but had a homely feeling and looked comfortable. In the far corner of the room was a grand piano. The room looked although it had natural lighting, even though I knew none of the windows would let a glimpse of sunlight in. In the middle of the sofa and armchairs was a coffee table. On the coffee table was a China teapot and teacups, a stand with cakes and biscuits on, a notepad, and a few pencils.

I walked towards the sofa to take a seat and Mona followed, sitting on an armchair opposite me. This time, I was the first to speak.

"Hello Mona. I'm so glad to see you-" is all I got to say before I was interrupted.

"Please, don't call me that. My name is Alison. Alison Dilaurentis."

"But yesterday you said-" I stopped when I received a funny look from Mona. It was a scared look and it became clear that the one controlling is wasn't happy with her being herself.

After a short silence, Mona spoke up.

"So, how about we have a game of hangman, is that okay with you?" She said, looking up at the camera staring at is from the corner of the ceiling. She smiled, but I knew it was all fake.

"But before that, I haven't asked about you. Tell me about yourself." Mona said, still smiling.

"My name is Nancy Montgomery, I'm sixteen and I was moving to rosewood before...before there was a change of plan." I wasn't sure how to phrase the end of my sentence, because talking about being kidnapped probably would not be appreciated by the 'him'.

Mona didn't answer. Her smile had faded, and she had a confused and shocked look on her face after listening to my reply. She was speechless, and I desperately wanted to know why.