Chapter 21

As I expected, four girls slowly walked in. I gave them a weak smile, not wanting to seem too enthusiastic about the current situation. Aria was the last to walk thorough the door. My smile got a little wider as I saw her face. I had been waiting for this moment for months. This is not where I expected this moment to happen, but it still felt special.

"Hello." I said to everyone, but mainly Aria. She looked up from the floor, gave me a look to show she acknowledged me, then went on miserably looking down at her feet.

I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I blinked fast to try and avoid bursting into tears, but it didn't seem to help. I went to sit on a sofa that was facing away from everyone in the room, but Spencer saw me before I could hide my damp eyes.

"Are you okay? That was a stupid question," Spencer said to me, walking up to where I was sitting. "I'm Spencer. That's Hanna, that's Emily, and that's Aria." She pointed at each of her friends while saying their name.

"I know." I whispered before covering my face with my hands and turning my head away from Spencer. I didn't want to appear rude, but I was just so heartbroken.

My very own sister didn't recognise me. Up until a few minutes ago, I had genuinely believed I had been exchanging messages with my biological sister, but unfortunately it made sense now. I should have taken the hints when I received notes from 'A' signing off the exact way the messages from Aria had.

Most of my tears were dry by the time I heard a few bell chimes.

"It's tea time." Mona said in a monotone voice. She walked over towards where I was siting before beckoning the other girls to come and sit. She then carefully poured the tea into the dainty China teacups. On the sofa I was sat on was me on one side, Spencer next to me, and Hanna on the other side of Spencer. On the opposite sofa sat Mona in the middle. Aria sat on one side or Mona, and Emily on the other.

Not paying much attention to me, the girls talked about how they thought Mona was dead. She interrupted with her 'I'm Alison Dilaurentis' speech. They didn't ignore me in a rude way, as they probably presumed I wasn't in the mood for talking.

After their little throwback Thursday and finding out Mona was now Alison, Mona changed the subject.

"Aria...you do know Nancy, right?"