Chapter 53

//Thank you so much for all of the views I've been getting on this story. I never thought I would get 10,000 reads! I smile when I go into my notifications and see the same familiar names who vote and comment on my chapters. If you haven't votes and have any spare time, please go back and vote for some old chapters. I went and proofread a few old chapters and it didn't take long at all, so voting with fake even less time. Also, make sure to comment if you're enjoying the story or what you think will happen. //

There were another 3 days before the DNA results arrived. In the days before we just spent time in and around St Ives. I gave a tour around the town, we ate Cornish Ive cream, I attempted to teach Mike how to surf. It was fun, but it was obvious none of us could take our minds off the fact we were just waiting for a certain email.

We had a lie in for once. We only slept in Untill about half ten, but it was a lot later than any of us had woken up recently. The reason we didn't wake up any later than 10:30 was Ella shaking our shoulders one by one, forcing us to open our eyes.

"I have an email from the hospital." Ella said cheerily, causing me to shoot up like a bullet. I never got up easily without a good reason, and this may well be the best I've ever had.

"What does it say?" I asked, finding it hard to wait another second.

"We're going to open it when we get to Carol and John's, because I don't think it would be fair doing it without them." Ella said, answering my second question before I had even asked it.

"Well when are we going?" I asked Ella.

"When everyone is ready to leave." Ella replied, pointing out the obvious.

I was so impatient that I ran around to where Mike and Aria were pretending to still be asleep and ripped the duvets off their cosy bodies, forcing them to get up. They moaned at me, insulted me, threw a pillow or two at me, but I didn't care. I wasn't known for my patience, and that wouldn't change today.

From my suitcase, I grabbed a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, a loose denim shirt, and the pair of brown military style boots Aria wore the day before. I applied my makeup, which included red lipstick as well as winged eyeliner today. I couldn't be bothered to straitened my now wavy hair, so I pulled it back into a massy ponytail. I pulled out some whispy bits around my face and went to go and use the 30 minutes of free wifi the hotel offered while everyone else used the bathroom.

Everyone took their sweet time as Iay on my bed ranting about how slow everyone was. It was 11:15 when we finally were all 100% ready to go, although it felt like it had been four centuries. I was practically buzzing by the time we finally all climbed into the taxi, ready to go to see my adoptive parents.

I thanked my lucky stars that when we finally arrived at the cottage, tea and biscuits were already ready. This meant it wouldn't mean more hanging around before we read the results.

"Right, I'm going to open it now." Ella told everyone in the room as she tapped her iPad screen. I held my breathe, hoping that Ella and Byron would be my birth parents more than anything.

I watched Ella's eyes as they skinmed through the text on her screen, finding the important section in the page of nonsense.

"Chance of paternity: 99.99%, and chance of maternity: 99.99%."