Chapter 19

"You're a Montgomery?" Mona asked slowly after a long pause.

"Well that's the reason I came from England. As you probably guessed from my accent, I can't remember ever living in Rosewood. I just know I'm from there." I answered.

"Do you know Mike Montgomery?"

"I know of him. Mike Montgomery is my twin brother, apparently. I'm starting to think it was all fake to get me here. If it's true, I was adopted by a Cornish couple as a baby."

"You're definitely a Montgomery."

I was confused by Mona's statement. I think she had guessed that by the intrigued look on my face.

"You look exactly like Mike and Aria. You and Aria could pass at twins; you're like an exact replica of the girl!"

I smiled for the first time since getting being dragged into the car near the airport weeks ago. I had been worried I left my real family and would never be able to see another biological family member again. Although I couldn't trust anything here, I trusted Mona. I was sure she was just as scared and broken as I was right now.

I told Mona the whole story of what happened, how I got here. Everything I knew, really. I felt like I was rambling, but I could tell Mona was listening and taking it all in. I was happy to have someone to talk to, and I'm sure Mona felt the same.

After I had told her everything about myself, Mona told me about herself. In the short time I had known this girl, I had learnt a lot. I liked how honest she was. She didn't leave out the fact that she used to help 'A'. She told me all the negatives as well as positives, which could have made me hate her. She told me all about my sister and her friends. Her best friends were called Emily, Hanna, Spencer, and Alison. Mona spoke as if she was Alison, but I understood. I learnt that Mona was in the same school year as my sister, and that her boyfriend was Mike. If they ever got married, I would be more than happy to have Mona as a sister-in-law!

It didn't feel right that we had been allowed to sit and have a good time like normal teenage girls should be able to do. I had laughed, talked, and smiled within the hour or so I had been here. I sighed as I heard the well-known sound of a computer generated voice.

"Make sure to decorate for the family and friends reunion." Is what came from the speakers a couple of times. Meanwhile, I cardboard box lowered from the ceiling. The same words kept replaying in my head. Family reunion, family reunion, family reunion.