Chapter 45

//I'm writing this chapter at the beach on holiday. If there's any typos, I can't see my screen properly due to the sun.//

"I thought my middle name was Marie." I said calmly after a long pause.

"Is that really all you have to say?" Mike asked with an uneasy laugh.

"I have more to say, but it's nothing you're not already thinking." I replied, looking into a pair of eyes identical to my own. "Do you think we should confront Byron now?"

"Do it whenever you want to. Here, my dad clearly doesn't care about this." Mike said while handing me the certificate.

"I'm going to just take a photo and leave it here. If I take it, he might think I brought it over from England." I said, pulling out my iPhone from my pocket to take a photo. It reminded me of taking photos of the school textbooks when I took my GCSE's before the summer.

Once I had taken a photo that was well focused, we made our way back down the ladder and into the landing. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the light, as the bulbs in the attic were very dim. While squinting, I almost missed a step and fell, but Mike was there to help me back to the floor. I had never really had someone my age who I knew was there for me, so this amazing feeling was new to me.

"Did you have a nice trip?" Mike's joke wasn't funny in the slightest, but I still couldn't help but smile.

"Talking about trips," Aria butted in from nowhere. "Some plane tickets to England have arrived."

"When are they for?" I asked. My mood has suddenly lowered, as I had almost forgotten about the visit to Cornwall I had to make.

"Saturday." Aria answered.

"That's in three days!" I spoke louder than I intended, but I suppose it was relevant.

"Why are you so mad? I'd love to go on vacation to England!" Mike asked. He seemed as confused as about why he wanted to go.

"There's five tickets." Aria said while double checking how many tickets were in the envelope she was holding.

All three of us went downstairs to return the envelope, some more excited than other. Aria was practically buzzing, whereas my attitude resembled a grey cloud: dull and unenthusiastic. I wasn't sure if the envelope had been opened before Aria found it, which would explain why she was putting her finger to her lips to make us be quiet when she placed it back onto the kitchen table. She made sure the envelope was in a particular position to the left of the fruit bowl.

"We better get packing." I said, turning round to go upstairs. I thought that maybe if I smiled I'd magically become excited, so I plastered a small fake grin into my face.

I hadn't completely unpacked my case from arriving in Rosewood, so I only had to repackage a few items. I managed to squeeze in a few items that i had permanently borrowed from Aria, too. She probably wouldn't miss a few gorgeous items of clothing, as her wardrobe is like walking into clothing heaven. I was so glad that me and Aria had a similar clothing preference, as I may be permanently borrowing a few more items in the future.

"I've packed my toothbrush, my wash stuff, some makeup. What else should I pack other than clothes?" Aria asked me. I couldn't understand how someone who was somewhat organised could miss out so many essentials for traveling.

"A hair brush, a razor, Chargers. There's so much You've left out." I laughed at Aria. She sighed. It's a good job I hadn't needed to pack much, as she definitely needed a helping hand.

Within an hour, everything except from her hand luggage was packed. We had a lot of mini breaks, which is why it seemed like we took forever. We must have been in a funny mood, as we were laughing at anything and everything. We ended up in a fit of giggles laughing at Aria's moisturiser. Once we sat up, tears in our eyes from laughing, we saw Ella watching us. She was leaning in the doorway with a small smile on her face from our laughter.

"Right. So who found the tickets first?" She asked.