Chapter 5

Scenario one: My parents cry and refuse to let me leave, wanting me to stay in their small cottage until the day I die

Scenario two: My parents get angry. My dad hurts me. I'm forced to leave without any belongings, meaning I don't have the black box to get me to Philadelphia.

Scenario tree: My parents deny that I was ever adopted, and insist I was catfished. They take away my laptop, my phone, and the internet so I can never speak to Aria again.

The negative scenarios were endless, and I wouldn't think of one positive one that was ever likely to happen. Sure, if this was a Disney movie everything would be amazing and it would be one big happy family. I'd run from my evil-fake family and live in a beautiful palace instead. Only this is real life. It was only about half an hour later when I was hiking back up the steep hill when i realised - Did they even have to know?

I had never lied to my parents, as I had never had an important or fancy secret that needed to be kept. Yes, I hadn't told my dad I took a few more cookies than I should have the other week. I also have never owned up to accidentally smashing a few of my Mother's chickens' eggs when I was about 8, but I don't think I'd have the guts to leave the country without bothering to tell anyone. Once I reached my front door, I had convinced myself that keeping this from my adoptive parents was the best decision. Avoiding my parents, i went upstairs. Where Aria the rest of my family live is 5 hours behind. It would probably be around 11:30AM for Aria, so I checked my emails for a reply.