Chapter 22

I felt sorry for Aria. From the way Mona bluntly asked about me, I could tell she felt embarrassed that and didn't recognise who I was. I don't blame her, as if we ever met she would have been about two years old. I kind of guessed that A had sent me the messages because of the way the emails were signed off.

It had been about eight seconds and the silence was slowly becoming more and more awkward.
"I'm Nancy. I'm your sister, Aria. There's so much for me to tell you, but I don't really know where to start!" I blurted out, not being able to keep it in much longer. The looks on everyone's faces were priceless, but I could tell we would all be in for a big story telling session soon.

"How could we be sisters? Are you sure it wasn't just A-" is all aria said before being interrupted.

"Aria, it's like looking in a mirror. Unless Nancy is one of A's minions who's had surgery to try and be you, which I highly doubt." Hanna said calmly. She didn't seem phased by anything that had just happened, but she was probably still traumatised from her arrival. She seemed like the type of girl who could still make you smile when you were feeling your worst, and had made me laugh already picturing myself as a minion from 'despicable me'.

"How could you be my sister? I don't even know who you are. I already have a brother practically the same age as you, so you clearly can't be my Mom's daughter. If my Dad cheated and caused you to be born, I don't want to know about it." Aria said, tears pouring down her face. I should have been angry or very upset with what she said, but under these circumstances I knew she must be more confused than anyone could possibly imagine. Yes, I was upset, but not angry. Spencer must have sensed that I was hurt by Aria's words and wrapped her arm around my back. I looked down at my knees, not wanting to face anyone in case I started to cry. I didn't usually cry, but recently I felt the urge to cry a lot more often. After I had made sure no tears were going to slide down my cheeks, I lifted my head and put on a brave face.

"So, should we start with the tea and cake?"