Chapter 15

//Thank you for the votes and reads. I will be trying to post more, as season 6 of PLL will be coming out really soon, so will have more to base the story on. Keep voting and feel free to comment ideas, if you like or don't like the story, or anything else.//

Behind where the layer of glass had been moments before was what appeared to be soil. Shaking, I leant forward to touch what was outside my windowsill. The dirt was cold, dense, and moist. The only logical explanation was that I was far underground. Not that any of this was logical anyway.

Right now, I couldn't get my head around anything that had happened since I arrived in Philadelphia. I was questioning whether this 'real family' existed and why I was in this place. Trying to take everything in and understand was practically impossible. I used to think the meaning of life was a complicated concept, but right now I would love to sit down and have something less terrifying to think about. Part of me wished I could be gassed again so I wouldn't have to be awake, as every wake moment would be spend worrying and crying.

I started to feel a little dizzy from standing up for so long. I leant onto the closest wall and slowly sank to the floor, resting my head on my knees. I closed my eyes and just cried. I didn't know what I was crying about, and I didn't know what I wasn't crying about at the same time. I felt like my life was over, yet I was clearly still alive.

I sat for hours wondering who had taken me to this surreal place, when I heard a mechanical 'ding' sound from a speaker I hadn't noticed earlier on. I quickly moved my head up from my knees and opened my eyes to find out what was happening. I saw a plate of food with a note lodged underneath my plate.

I got up and walked towards the meal that was sitting on a tray on my bed. I hadn't realised I was so hungry, so didn't question how my food had got here and began to eat. The plate had a large serving of dal and rice on for me to eat. It was probably the most positive thing that had happened while I had been trapped here, but not positive enough to get a smile.

The note under my plate read 'hope you had a safe flight!'. I left it and began to eat. When I had finished eating I put my dirty plate on the floor, not really knowing where else to put it. I was slightly calmer than before, so lay in bed. I usually couldn't sleep unless I was in complete darkness, but after a few minutes of laying in my bed I had to switch my bedside light on. I was scared someone would creep up on me and attack me again.

After about an hour of tossing and turning, my light suddenly went out. I pulled the covers over my head, trying to kid myself that it would keep my from danger. I heard running from outside my door, but nothing else. About 3 minutes later, my light flickered before fully turning on again.