Chapter 42

"Helllo Nancy and Ella." Byron said with the most fake smile I had seen. What can I say? Thanks for trying. It was blatantly obvious me and Ella were not on the top of his list of people he wanted to be entering the family kitchen right now. I was so proud of myself for not staying upstairs, shadowing away and trying to be as likeable as possible.

"Dad, stop being rude." Mike moaned at Byron for the way he had treated me and his mother. Aria looked although she was just about to say what Mike said, but didn't beg there in time.

"I'm not being rude, I just patiently waiting to ask your mom a few questions." Byron tried to make up some excuse, but we all knew he acting faker than Barbie.

"You need to put some more effort into your excuses, Byron." Ella said, laughing in her ex husband's face. I was beyond proud to be linking arms with the sassiest mother I had come across during my sixteen years of existence.

"Why don't talk go and talk, then?" I asked rhetorically. Byron seemed a little shocked that I wasn't quiet and scared. But then again, what's there to be scared about in little man who's slightly intimidated by a comment his teenage son. Me and Byron walked past each other as he walked out of the room to talk to Ella and I walked towards the food. Typical Nancy.

As soon as the adults left the room, a huge appeared on Mike's face.

"What's with the smirk?" Aria asked, peeling an orange.

"I find situations like this funny." Mike admitted.

"Does this mean I'm not going to be the only person to laugh at sad or scary movies anymore." I asked. I always got given the death stare when I laughed loudly at a tear jerking scene in the cinema.

"Oh god, one was bad enough. The titanic is not a comedy." Aria moaned. She pretended to angrily peel had orange to add to the sarcasm, but obviously it's quite a hard task to angrily peel an orange, so we all ended up laughing.

"I don't think you have the right to accuse me of hiding things, Byron!" We heard Ella shout from another room. Their voices were slowly raising as their argument got more heated.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled out my iPhone to see what the notification was.

"It's a text from Mona asking if we want to meet up." I told Aria and Mike. "You can both come if you want to."

"I've not seen Mona properly yet, and I think when I do I might see her alone. I don't know." Mike rambled while looking down a little and twiddling his thumbs. Aria made a sarcastic sick face. I wanted to laugh at Aria, but then Mike would find of what Aria had done.

"I'm not avoiding Mona like someone else at this table, but I'm going to go and see the girls for a bit." Aria explained.

"So you can go and gossip about me, I suppose." I said in the most upset sounding voice I could. I pretended to wipe my tears and put on an exaggerated English accent. Aria wrapped her arms around my neck and laughed. "I'm going to go and get changed, seeing as I'm in my pyjamas."

"Pick anything you want to wear of mine, as usual." Aria said for what felt like the hundredth time, even though I hadn't yet been here a full week. I chose a denim A line skirt, a pair of black ankle boots with cutout sections, a baggy mustard t-shirt, and a black cardigan for if there was a breeze. It was summer, so I let my milk bottle white legs go bare. Maybe they might get a bit of colour to them, who knows. Aria offered to do my hair, so I let her do a French braid on either side of my head.

"It's nice having a little sister who legs me do her hair." Aria said. I had missed spending my childhood with my brother and sister, but I want sure we could all make up for it.

After my hair was finished, I quickly applies makeup, not forgetting my usual winged eyeliner. I let Ella, who was now sipping coffee in the kitchen, know where I was going before meeting Mona.

// Thank you so much for all the comments and votes, and don't forget to keep commenting and voting//