Chapter 39

//Please make sure to vote. It takes one second. Also, please comment if you have anything to say about the story. Thank you.//

"You don't have to pretend to be excited, you know." I said while slouched in the corner of Aria's bed.

"I'm not pretending. I've never been to the UK!" Aria argued. I don't know why American's thought England was so special. Does England have Disney land? No. Does England have birthday cake flavoured M&M's? No. All England has is 90% of the world's rainfall and the royal family. I've never understood why so many American tourists visit.

"You're insane." I told Aria blankly. She pulled a face before continuing to search her cupboards. I spent a while watching her with a confused look on my face, as she wouldn't tell me what she was looking for however nicely I asked.

"Drumroll please!" Aria said, her back turned to stop me from seeking what she was holding. Seconds later she jumped round to face me. In each hand was a tacky pair of Union Jack Wellington boots. I burst into a fit of laughter imagining Aria, the most fashionable girl I know, in a pair of such ugly boots.

"Please promise me you'll never wear them." I pleaded mid-laugh.

"I might wear them right now." Aria tormented me by taking off her gorgeous ankle boots and sliding the Union Jack printed devil's spawn on her little feet. I had to look away from the monstrosities for two reason. The first reason being they were so ugly, and the second reason I could stop laughing at the little cowgirl dance Aria was currently doing in the squeaky plastic boots. She kept doing this until her bedroom door opened.

"Mom said it's time to eat and Aria, what on earth are you doing." Mike asked, looking more confused than I have ever seen anyone. "See you when you get out of Radley." He shouted before running down the stairs.

The boots were too small for Aria. I was glad, because she wouldn't be able to wear them in public. The only downfall to this was that I had to help her pull the plastic boots off of her feet. Once she was in her bare feet, we went downstairs to have dinner.

"You took your time." Ella said. You could tell that she was pretending to be cross, as her voice was dropping with sarcasm.

"We had a shoe situation." I began to explain, but knew it would make no sense. You had to have been there to find it funny. Ella gave us both a funny look, before getting up to serve our food for us. It was such a nice gesture, as we were perfectly capable of getting some cooked food from the oven and some veggies from a pan. The special attention was probably sympathy from where we had been about a month ago, but I'm glad she wasn't being overprotective and babying us like sole parents would do in this situation.

"I spoke to my parents." I told Ella. It felt like my heart was sinking when I have them that title, but I suppose that's what they are legally called.

"Are you allowed to stay?" Ella asked. She tried to hide the hopefulness in her voice. It was obvious she thought of me than more of a random girl and was questioning whether I was related to the Montgomery's or not.

"They sent this." I showed Ella and Mike the text, as Mike was sitting next to Ella. Her eyes moved left to right as she read the fact. One they stopped reading, there was a slight pause before she spoke up.

"I presume you don't want them over here, but if you do that's fine. I also presume you two will be wanting to go together, but I don't know how I feel about letting you alone on a long flight so all after what has happened." Ella said.

"I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I don't see any fairness is why Aria gets to to to England and I don't." Mike moaned. There it goes again. Why are so many Americans wanting to visit England?

"We'll sort something tomorrow when your dad gets back." Ella announced. "I also have other things me and Byron could do with sorting out."