Chapter 48

// please comment if you mind that the story has so many chapter, or you think thinks should speed up. Also, keep on commenting what you think/want to happen. Thank you for reading this far.//

I was relieved when Byron asked the taxi drive to take us all to a nearby hotel instead of my old home. For some reason, I had this vision of me having to go and stay in my old bedroom while Aria, Mike, Ella, and Byron stayed in some nice accommodation somewhere.

The hotel rooms booked only allowed four people per room, so one of us would have a room to ourselves. Byron ended up staying in the room alone, as it was obviously the most logical idea. I successfully hid how happy I was about this, not wanting to offend him even though he was happy to offend me.

"What're we doing for the rest of today?" I asked while falling back onto my comfortable hotel bed. I was happy to do anything that involved putting off the reunion with my adoptive parents as long as possible.

"Today we're just going to stay in, as I presume everyone is tired. But tomorrow, we will be seeing John and Carol." Ella answered, clearly reading my mind. She then started to walk over to where I was and give me a small hug. "I know it's hard, but the sooner the better, right?"

Noticing our embrace, Aria put down her phone and ran over to join us. It was like she couldn't stand to see us without her, but I didn't mind in the slightest. I was so happy that the family I had hoped and dreamed for actually loved me. Well, at least most of it. I was so afraid when I found out 'A' had been tricking me that the real Montgomerys wouldn't want me, or worse, the whole thing was fake and the Montgomerys didn't even exist.

"So everyone's deciding to have a group hug without me then?" Mike pretended to sound hurt as he exited the bathroom and into the main room where me, Aria, and Ella were.

"I'm sorry, no giant allowed."  I replied to Mike with a cheesy grin. It puzzled me how I was his twin sister, yet I was a daisy compared to my sunflower of a brother.

We all braces ourselves as Mike ran across the room, all though he was getting ready to leap. I was very grateful that he stopped a few centimetres before he reached me, as I didn't fancy a trip to A&E. Luckily, Mike gave his tiny female family members a big hug without breaking any of our tiny bones.

"Did someone pack my toothbrush?" The door swung open and Byron entered. Byron and I made eye contact, and I could see that unlike his son, he actually seemed a little hurt at seeing all his family. As much as I would like to confront him and tell him this was proof I was who I said I was, I felt bad. I gave him a small smile for a sit second. The next thing I knew was Byron walking over to the four of us and awkwardly joining our cuddle. No one really spoke, but it felt right. I had never felt like I belonged somewhere so much. I don't mean belonging in a little hotel room, but with my family.

Once the Disney style hug had ended, Byron had retrieved his missing toothbrush, and all us teenagers had connected our phones to the hotel's free internet, we got ready for bed. Despite how nervous I was, I was asleep in minutes. What can I say? Plane rides tire me out.

//sorry if there's any typos in this chapter. I just put some fake nails on and I'm struggling to type. Also, don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you.//