Chapter 28

I walked away from the arguing couple to get my drink. I knew that they knew I had been listening, but they didn't have any time to say much to me before I raced off to get my water. It wasn't an embarrassed escape, I just was really thirsty. I'm pretty sure they knew this, as my pale skin would have gone bright red if I had been embarrassed.

As I walked back to the hospital room with my cup of water, I was stopped by Ella. I could see Byron pacing down the long hallway, but he wasn't anywhere near the room. I could only recognise who he was from his distinctive green jacket he had on. I sat on one of the visitors seats outside the room to finish my drink, as there was a bin very close. Being the lazy person I was, I couldn't be bothered to come back to the bin if I had finished my drink from the comfort of my bed. As I sat, I noticed Ella sitting near me.

"Hello Nancy," Ella said from the seat nearby. I turned my head to give her a smile. As upset she had made me the day before, I had grown to love her before I even met the woman.
"I must have upset you, shutting you down like that yesterday. I was talking to Aria about you and she told me everything. I heard you have nowhere to stay. The hospital offered to find you a place, but I was wondering if you'd feel comfortable staying at our house? You could have your own room. It's okay if you don't want to."

"I would love to, thank you so much" i interrupted Ella before she started to ramble about the house I weirdly already knew and loved. I gave her a big smile and a hug. Despite the fact she had made it clear she didn't know who I was until yesterday, I really liked Ella. Part of me still believed she was my real mother. It was quite weird how everything managed to make perfect sense and how I happened to have similar features to both Ella and Byron. Like both Aria and Mike, I had Ella's dark hair. I had eyes similar to Byron's. I looked like Aria and Mike, and if I was on a family photo I would fit perfectly. For once, everything seemed to make sense.

After making sure to thank Ella as many times as humanly possible without being overly annoying, I returned to my room with the other girls. Emily had woken up and was talking to Spencer about what they needed to catch up on now they were back in the real world. I could hear Emily mentioning multiple TV shows she needed to watch, while Spencer moaned about how much schoolwork she would have to do. Hanna was still fast asleep and Aria had clearly just woken up, so was covering her eyes with her duvet because the light was all too much for her pretty eyes. Mona was wide awake now, so I went to sit on the side of her bed and talk.

"So, are you staying in Rosewood? I hope you do. I would miss you if you went back to England." Mona said, which made me smile.

"Ella Montgomery offered for me to stay with the Montgomery's." I told her. I heard the sound of movement, and turned to see Aria sitting up, eyes squinting while adjusting to the light.

"I'm so excited for you to come. Maybe she's finally accepting that you're my long lost sister!" Aria spoke as enthusiastic as possible for a girl who couldn't stop yawning. Me and Mona laughed at her comment about her mother, and I really hoped it was true.