Chapter 146 The Strongest 2

When the blinding furnace abated, Maple deactivated ‘Dedicated Affection’ and jumped down to the ground.

“‘Commence Attack’!”

Maple began to fire her weapons again.

And now that the Oni could do nothing but avoid the attacks, she approached him one step at a time.

“Phew…!”

She held her sword and shield up and charged. When they collided, Maple’s weapons and armor were crushed, and the Oni’s body was torn.

However, the only thing that the Oni really destroyed was the shell that surrounded Maple.

Not only that, but her armor simply regenerated, and the crushed weapons were replaced by new ones.

“Alright, this is good!’

Maple said as she got up and looked to see the Oni.

What she then saw was the Oni, who was positioned to swing downward with his red, glowing naginata.

“Woah!?”

Maple thrust her shield out just in time as the naginata fell on her.

The naginata swept at an almost sideways angle, and Maple was blasted into the air as if punched.

“Uhhh..kk… ‘Commence Attack’!”

Maple kneeled in the place she had fallen and began to attack, so the Oni could not come closer.

A red damage effect was pouring from the side of her stomach.

“Uhh, piercing attack…potion, potion…”

Maple pulled out a potion from her inventory and used it.

Her HP was slightly below half, but it became full again after one bottle.

If a potion was good, then Maple only needed one to replenish her low HP.

“Hmmm…it seems like ranged attacks won’t hit him. What should I do?”

Maple didn’t have too many options for close-range attacks. The ones that looked promising were attacks with ‘Savagery,’ or charging with weapons while using ‘Bizarre Eater,’ or attacks with ‘Predator.’

“Hmm…yes! Okay!”

Maple decided to charge as she had a moment ago.

They hit each other as they crossed paths once again, and Maple took the same damage that she did before.

“Here, oomph!”

An explosive sound echoed as Maple was launched into the air.

The naginata swiped at her but was too late. Maple went up high into the air and landed on Syrup’s back.

“Phew…thank you, Syrup! You saved me!”

Maple patted Syrup and then jumped down to the ground once again.

Once Maple landed on the ground, she immediately started attacking again to prevent the Oni from doing anything else.

By repeating this, Maple was able to chip away at the Oni’s HP without getting hit.

The Oni’s actions were limited from the beginning. On top of that, Maple was able to move in all directions in the air much faster than any other player. So the Oni had no way of breaking through her defenses.

Maple chipped away. She just kept chipping and chipping his HP.

Ultimately, she was successful in getting his HP down to half.