Chapter 179 The Haunted Mansion 2

Maple shot into the mansion along with Sally, and then the door shut behind them.

“Alright, stand up, stand up Sally! Didn’t you come here to get something?”

“Ah…yes. Maple…stay close by, okay?”

“Of course!”

Maple took Sally’s hands to help her up, and then she scanned her surroundings.

It was a fairly large mansion, and aside from the entrance that they had just come in from, there were three other doors. In the front and on the right and the left.

There was also a staircase that led to a second floor with more doors.

And an old, broken chandelier hung from the ceiling.

The walls were lined with candle holders. The candles were mostly melted down, and their flames flickered gently.

“It’s big in here. So, where are we supposed to go?”

Maple asked Sally.

“Uh…huh? …I don’t know yet…”

There were many holes in the information she had gathered.

And it wasn’t so much that the information was not yet available, but that Sally had not gathered information like she usually did.

“Then we’ll just have to explore the whole building.”

Maple said. Sally shook her head vigorously.

“Let’s come back after I’ve done more research. Okay? It won’t be very efficient for us to explore now, and the monsters are likely to be strong. There will be plenty of fighting…I think we should find out the shortest route first…”

Maple narrowed her eyes and stared hard at Sally as she began to rant. Then Sally suddenly stopped.

“No. Let’s hurry up and get this over with! Don’t worry, I’m here with you!”

“Umm…”

Maple was there, and she had Dedicated Affection activated constantly, so they were generally protected from all enemies.

So even if Sally was shaking like a newborn deer, the chances of them being killed were incredibly low.

“Alright, let’s go by instinct…to the right!”

Maple walked over to the door on the right and opened it.

Dust blew in the air and revealed a long hallway that stretched behind the door.

Maple put a hand to her ear and listened for any sounds. But she could not hear anything.

“Yes. There’s nothing here.”

Maple said and started to walk.