Chapter 66 Assistance

If you rather I pick something else, let me know here

Defense Specialization and Assistance

Stories focusing on Maple alone will come some other time.

Though, it will probably be after the eventual third level.

The day after Maple showed the other guild members her angel-like appearance and overwhelming power.

Chrome and Izu were talking in the hall right in front of the entrance to the guild home.

“Maple just keeps getting stronger, huh.”

“Really. I never get bored watching her.”

“But…you know…”

“Hmm?”

“I’m an inferior version of Maple, right!?”

“…Well, I suppose so.”

It was true that Chrome was below Maple in terms of both firepower and defense.

The only thing that he could say that he bested her with was PS.

“I need to find the meaning for my existence in this guild…!”

“Well, I can’t blame you for feeling that way.”

As the two of them talked, the doors of the guild home opened and Maple walked in.

“Speak of the devil.”

“Were you talking about something?”

“Yes, kind of.”

“I want to acquire some powerful skills like you, Maple.”

Chrome added that he wanted to have different skills than the ones Maple had. Maple smiled and cheered him on.

Chrome asked Maple for some advice on gaining powerful skills, but Maple just replied that she got most of them from randomly looking around. So her advice was not of much use.

Hmmm… I can’t really help you today, but… That’s it! You can borrow Syrup! I’m sure it will be of some help…”

Maple said as she controlled the blue panel and removed the ring. She took the ring from her inventory and handed it over to Chrome.

“Are…you sure? This is your important gear. What if I never return it?”

“Are you not going to return it?”

“No, I would never do such a thing.”

Chrome denied strongly.

Chrome had no intention of doing such a thing.

“Then it’s fine!”

Maple said with a big smile.

Chrome then repeated to Maple that she shouldn’t lend important things so easily, even to guild members.

But Maple said that she just really wanted to help Chrome out, so Chrome carefully accepted the ring and left the guild home.

As Chrome walked in the field, he thought of what Maple had done a moment ago.

“Maybe I should ask Sally to warn her again later…”

Chrome was very happy that she put so much trust in him, but felt like it was a little too much trust. And so he decided to ask Maple’s friend, Sally, to repeat the same thing to her.