Chapter 168 The Skeleton King

As soon as the fight began, Pain and Mi jumped forward towards the boss.

Chrome was just about to go after them when a blue flame burst from the tip of the staff that the boss was holding.

At the same time, the floor that had once seemed so normal began to crack, and skeletons wielding weapons began to break out of it.

The rusted swords and spears they carried were dripping with a black liquid.

“Chrome, protect the rear!”

Pain shouted as he slashed at the skeletons that blocked him.

“Sure! ‘Provoke’!”

Chrome stopped and held his shield up in front of the three rearguards. Skeletons were coming up all over the room now. And he had to prevent them from directly attacking the rearguard.

And so Chrome protected their backs as balls of fire and screaming wind blades flew through the air.

Kanade used a Magic Record that unleashed area attacks, and Misery attacked with her own magic that had area attacks.

Marx set out traps to bind the skeletons in order to support Chrome.

However, because he was using ‘Provoke,’ the skeletons continued to swarm around him.

Chrome maneuvered his great shield skillfully as he cut with his Japanese billhook, but then a spear pierced him in the arm.

And while he quickly blew away the skeleton who had hit him, his arm was spraying red light.

“The damage itself isn’t too…damn it! Are you serious! Be careful everyone, the skeleton’s attacks have an HP reduction effect!”

Even now, Chrome’s HP was slowly going down.

And while it did stop after several seconds, there was currently no way to deal with it, as it was not poison.

“It seems that the skeletons spawn endlessly!”

“Then…shoot around Mi and Pain. I’ll use traps over here.”

Marx took out some crystals and seeds from his pouch and scattered them on the ground.

When the crystals exploded on the ground, they let out electric flashes of light that stopped the skeletons from moving.

The seeds sprouted at an incredible speed, and their vines created a thick wall that closed around the skeletons.

Kanade and Misery saw this and began to use magic to attack ahead of them.

Pain and Mi were being blocked by more skeletons the closer they got to the boss, but because the support attacks were now stronger, they finally succeeded in reaching the boss.

“Would fire work on it?”

She waved her arm and used ‘Flame Empress’ to launch a fireball at the boss. It’s HP visibly decreased.