Chapter 76 Savagery

After a short while since the day the third layer was added, Maple and the others arrived at the dungeon that led to the third layer.

It was a party of six including Izu.

The maximum size of a single party was eight, so it was possible for all current members to form a single party.

Though, with this lineup, they could probably storm through just about any dungeon.

In fact, it would have been more than enough with just Sally, Chrome and Kasumi, with Kanade as support.

As they made their way through, Maple did not participate in the fighting at all, and only concentrated on protecting Ize.

“Great, let’s go to the boss room, then.”

“Yeah, let’s clean this up quickly.”

“Yes, quickly.”

So saying, Kasumi opened the doors and everyone went inside.

And then the boss appeared in the back of the room.

The boss had the appearance of a tree, and its trunk had a face on it.

Maple and company had broken through the first layer before, so they wondered if this boss also had some kind of fruit hanging from it, but could not see anything like it.

“Okay, I’ll go first. ‘Provoke’!”

Maple headed straight for the boss.

The boss began to attack Maple with its stretched out roots and branches, but they had no effect on her.

And while it moved futilely like that, Maple reached its base.

“‘Predator’ ‘Hydra’ ‘Oozing Chaos’!”

The monsters showed themselves from around Maple. The hydra spread its pollution all over the roots, and then the roots were eaten by the monsters that sprung out afterward.

It’s HP bar was decreasing rapidly.

But the two monsters would not stop attacking.

The tree boss was now visibly furious, it began to launch its attacks at the two monsters.

“‘Dedicated Affection’!”

Maple’s HP started to drop just as angel wings sprouted behind her back. What she had done was to receive the damage that should have gone to the monsters and make it harmless.

Then Maple quickly took out a potion to recover her HP.

The five others watched all of this from a corner of the room.

“What is that? No matter how one might deny it, she’s practically a monster now… That’s what I think.”

“Right…it does seem like it…”

“How does she have new equipment every time we see her…”

“I’m relieved that nothing’s changed with her.”

“Ah, I don’t care anymore as long she’s an ally…an ally…”

Such were the things that the five members talked about, as they tried to accept this new evolution of Maple.

However, Maple still had one skill left to show.

Maple had been meaning to test this skill here, so she couldn’t finish the fight before using it.