Chapter 97 Orb Collecting

After having that experience which would lead to further growth, Sally crushed a small, little-known guild.

It was after defeating the guild under the cliff that Sally encountered Dread, but she had also stolen yet another orb before then.

In other words, Sally presently had three orbs.

Now that she had three, it was time to return to Maple Tree.

“I think it’s almost time to receive points for the first orb we took.”

A number of battles had occurred since the start of the event.

As was to be expected, the larger guilds had accomplished the most, and the medium guilds also retaliated with their own strategies.

But with one exception, the smaller guilds were doing quite badly.

The starting time was set to noon within the time accelerated field.

The sun would start setting soon.

It was harder to see in the dark, which meant that the other guilds would probably attack each other even harder.

And of course, Sally’s own attacks would become more bold, as she was able to hide in the dark.

“I better get back.”

As Sally rushed back to the base, Maple and the others were defeating players who stepped foot into their cave.

As there were only three players invading, Yui and Mai only needed to throw some iron balls at them.

“Maple! We got a new skill!” “Maple! We got a new skill!”

“What! That’s amazing!”

It seemed like Yui and Maple had no intention of hiding their skills from Maple, and they told her the requirements and effects of it.

The skill was called ‘Flying Attack’, and the requirement for getting it was that you had to kill someone with ‘Throw.’

As for the effect, it was just as the name implied. An attack would fly out when you swung your weapon.

Swinging a sword would result in a slashing attack, hitting with a hammer would cause a circular shock attack to fly forward.

It wasn’t as strong as a normal attack but was still a one-shot kill in the hands of Yui and Mai.

“Are you going to use it in the next fight?”

“We won’t. Sally told us that we should hide our trump card. We’re going to test it a little in the back, and that is all.”

“Okay, you guys can go and do that then.”

Yui and Mai left the orb to go and test the new skill, before quickly coming back.

It was clear how much they wanted to be of use, and there was a strong enthusiasm in their eyes.

“Sally, Chrome and the others seem to be returning.”

Kanade said as he looked at his map.

Kanade had restricted the use of his magical books to ‘Shadow Stitching.’ Maple would only use ‘Dedicated Affection’ mainly for support, in preparation for the night.

This was all possible because Yui and Mai were working hard.

However, they were also starting to become tired.