Chapter 106 Release

On their way back to the base, Maple talked to Sally about a certain thing.

It was about how between now and the second day, she would reveal a certain skill.

She chose a skill that was easy to use and that depleted the least amount of energy.

Maple activated that skill as soon as she faced off against Dread.

“‘Predator’!”

Two hideous monsters appeared from the ground.

There was no way that Dread could have predicted this, as it had never been shown publicly before.

“What!? What is that!!”

“Syrup, ‘Mother Nature’!”

Along with Maple’s order, vines grew from the ground and surrounded Dread and Maple.

The vines made multiple layers of wall, making the space inside tighter and tighter.

Dread tried to cut at the vines and escape, but it was clear that he would not be able to do it in time.

He stopped attacking the vines and turned around to face Maple.

“…Okay. You got me this time. time, I’ll be ready for you…got it?”

Maple had ambushed him immediately after he had finished his fight with Yui and Mai. There was no way that he could get ready in time.

And so Maple was able to trap him.

It was only a coincidence that the situation had been an advantage to Maple, but that didn’t mean it would be the same next time.

Normally, he would have very likely escaped.

“I’ll fight you off as many times as you like!”

‘Predator’ approached Dread.

“I’ll be back. time, I’ll hunt you for real, Maple…!”

Those were his final words as he turned into light and disappeared.

He had the most ferocious of smiles before dying. As if he had a plan. Maple saw it clearly.

Maple had Syrup deactivate ‘Mother Nature’ and then returned to where Sally was.

Maple and Dread had been isolated by ‘Mother Nature.’

She walked up to Sally and pulled her cheeks hard.

“You’re pushing yourself too much.”

“…I’m sorry.”

“Well, we’ll have to apologize to Yui and Mai when they return.”

“Yeah…”

After a while, Yui and Mai respawned.

Maple and Sally quickly apologized, but neither Yui or Mai seemed to care all that much.

If anything, they were both overjoyed that they had helped in protecting the orb from a strong enemy until Maple returned.

“Let’s set all of the orbs out for now.”

10 orbs rolled out of Sally’s inventory.

“Sally, why did you work so hard? You know that you could have come back sooner?”

“Yeah…it’s because of…uh, could you call Kanade for now?”

“It’s almost time to trade places, so I’ll go and call him!”