Chapter 167 Inside of the Ruins

The six of them descended the dark staircase.

There were turns midway in, and eventually, there was no light from the surface that reached them.

“I will prepare a lantern.”

Misery pulled out a lantern to light the dark steps.

Just one lantern gave off adequate light.

“Nothing has come out yet…”

Chrome kept his great shield up and looked around anxiously. The only thing they could see in the darkness was ash colored walls.

“…! I can see something now…I think?”

“Mi?”

Misery glanced over to Mi.

Mi was looking downwards.

She was shockingly comforted by just having Misery nearby.

“Uh, yes, I know…the stairs end just a little up ahead. And there is a door. We should be careful.”

Mi said, and both of her eyes were glowing red.

Mi had a night vision skill that allowed her to see things more clearly in the dark.

Just like Mi said, there was a stone door at the end. That being said, there was only an indented place to put your hand in and slide the door to the side.

Chrome put his hand in and pushed with all of his might.

“Hm? …It’s no use. It won’t open.”

“Maybe it requires more STR. Let me try.”

Pain sheathed his sword and used all of his strength to try and open the door.

Then they heard the sounds of stone grinding against stone as the door slowly began to open.

At the same time, a blinding light poured out.

What lay beyond the door was randomly positioned paths and stairs that went in every direction, up and down, left and right.

Furthermore, there were also glowing magic circles everywhere and also a single, mysterious and old-looking lever.

In a word, it resembled a maze. That was the impression the six of them got as they looked at the scene.

“Ah…where should we start?”

Chrome asked Pain.

“We have too many options. I don’t know.”

Pain glanced to the left and saw 5 or 6 magic circles.