Chapter 182 An Extended Battle

As Maple sat there under the ghosts stare, Sally slowly regained her calm.

“Maple…is it still there?”

Sally asked Maple without raising her face.

“Yes, it’s still there.”

“Ugghh…why won’t it leave me alone…”

While there was still a tremble in her voice, she was starting to seem like the normal Sally now.

“Are you calm now?”

“I’m calm. But this is so embarrassing, so don’t look at me…”

Of course, Maple had already seen Sally’s crying face very clearly.

Sally’s ears, which were the only thing visible, were bright red. And so Maple could imagine how much redder her face would be.

“Okay. But…did you want this skill that bad? Really?”

“I currently regret getting myself into this…really. I want to punch myself for believing that I might be fine…”

According to Sally, she had been blind by want of the skill.

“That’s very unusual. You’re always right about everything, Sally.”

“It was something that I wanted so much, that’s why. Now that I’m calm and level headed, I see that I can make do without that skill.”

“But what was this skill that you wanted anyway? I never asked you about it.”

Maple said, and so Sally started to tell her about the skill and items she wanted and about what had happened since she arrived here.

Maple listened and realized that there was not much that would be useful to her.

As she didn’t need to go and get things she didn’t need, it would make exploration much more efficient from now on.

Of course, there was a part of Maple that was enjoying the exploration, so there was no saying that she wouldn’t go.

She would likely just go anywhere that looked interesting.

As they talked like this, Maple wished that the ghost would just float off somewhere else, but the ghost would not move at all.

“It would be bad if I left the throne…maybe I could attack it?”

Maple stretched out her hand to use the item. A blade of wind cut into the ghost.

And the ghost stumbled and retreated.

However, it had no HP bar. And so Maple understood that it did not deal damage and could not be defeated.