Chapter 140 Sealing

After that, Maple wandered around the town for a while, but ended up returning to the guild without buying anything else that was new.

Yui and Mai immediately reacted when Maple opened the door and entered.

“Ah! Maple!”

Yui came running towards Maple.

“What? Did something happen?”

“There’s this quest with a monster that we can’t beat…could you help us?”

“Please!”

They said in unison and lowered their heads.

“Yeah, sure! I don’t have anything else to do anyway.”

“Thank you! Chrome and Kanade left together, and we didn’t know what to do…”

Aside from them, Izu was the only other person left in the guild.

And it wasn’t easy for Izu to kill monsters, which made her an unreliable helper.

“Alright, let’s go then. Will you show me the way?”

“Yes!”

“Yes!”

They got up on Syrup’s back and moved through the field for 10 minutes.

Then they arrived at their destination.

“Um, it’s a monster that comes out here and uh, it seems that physical attacks don’t work on it…please help us!”

“Hm…maybe Hydra would work?”

“I think it will.”

Maple heard what information they had about the monster before bringing Syrup down to the ground and activating ‘Dedicated Affection.’ Then she drank a potion and went into a fighting stance.

“The monster is…oh, there it is!”

What Maple was looking at was a shredded robe and a rusted and battered long sword that floated in the air.

It looked very much like a ghost, and so it was not surprising that physical attacks would not work on it.

“Alright, Hy-…huh? It disappeared.”

“Oh, that monster can disappear… We’re sorry, we didn’t know.”

Yui and Mai had quickly given up after just two tries, and so they didn’t have a good grasp on the monster’s actions.

Maple, Yui, and Mai were not the types to actively gather information, and so they barely knew anything other than the fact that physical attacks didn’t work.

“It’s close!?”

The monster had become invisible as it approached her. Maple had not been able to react in time, and the sword hit her as it swung down.

There was a loud bang and the ground that had been shining returned to normal through ‘Dedicated Affection.’

“Huh? Hey, uh, ‘Cover’!”

The monster’s next attack was just about to hit Yui, but she was somehow able to stop it by using ‘Cover,’ which she had not used for a while.

The monster moved back and then disappeared once again.

“Dedicated Affection! Huh? It won’t activate? …Oh, it’s been sealed!”

While Maple had bought the charm to resist being sealed while out in town with Sally, she had chosen three skills that raised her defenses.