Chapter 136 One Night

Maple stood next to Mi as she put on her usual red clothes and personality. Then they stepped back out into the town.

Maple and Mi were forming a party for a day.

“I’m slow on my feet, so ‘Savagery’! …I can carry you to where you want to go!”

“…C-carry?”

Mi climbed up the frightening leg and onto Maple’s back.

Mi had not expected to ever ride Maple like this.

But now she looked towards Maple and told her where she wanted to go.

“Okay. Here we go!”

The monster that accelerated as it dashed through the field was more monstrous than any monster out there.

After running like this for some time, they arrived at their destination.

Ahh…oomph. ‘Flame Empress’!”

Mi got off of Maple and stretched her limbs before activating her skill.

As if on cue, monsters started to appear around them.

“‘Dedicated Affection.’”

Maple’s skill would protect Mi completely.

This thing that made her enemies tremble, was so reliable that Maple’s allies could forget the concept of dodging and blocking.

In fact, there was no reason for Mi to defend herself at all.

Just by having Maple stand next to her, she could concentrate on carving away at the monster’s HP.

“…No wonder no one can beat you.”

After moving around and hunting for a long time, Mi finally grew tired.

She slumped down by a lake that was the last place they had moved to.

“Thank you, Maple. Sorry for dragging you along all over the place…”

Mi thanked Maple in her natural tone.

“Oh, it’s nothing! But we should stop for today…I’m getting sleepy.”

It was currently nighttime in the real world as well. Maple was considering logging out for the day.

“Thank you so much. I think I’ll log out as well. I got a little more excited than usual, and I’m tired.”

“I know! Why don’t you heal yourself one last time?”

So saying, Maple plopped out of the monster’s stomach.

Now that she was in human form again, she activated another skill and turned into a ball of wool.

Mi touched it hesitantly. It was soft and fluffy.

“Do you want to come inside?”

“Uh, yeah.”

Mi spread the wool open and climbed inside of it.

A comforting softness enveloped her body, and she could feel the stress leak away.

“Ahh…it’s nice…”

“I’m glad.”

Mi dove in on top of Maple, and the time passed.

As they both relaxed like that, they felt something pull at the ball of wool.