One

╰──╮

The school bell rings.

Jimin jumps from the sound, quickly looking up. It's lunch time. He closes his eyes and sighs in relief, putting his pencil down and closes his notebook, reaching over to grab his backpack and get his lunchbox. He puts it on his desk and unzips it, grabbing his chopsticks in it. Jimin suddenly stops. He slowly looks up from feeling a certain way. His eyebrows curl up.

Everyone in the classroom is...staring at him.

They're staring at him like he's a problem. Jimin puts his chopsticks down, his heart starting to beat fast from being stared at. Why're they staring at me? Stop staring at me! Jimin was freaking out, panicking for the most part. He started to shake from the feeling, closing his eyes tight and covering his ears and gripping his own hair. Stop staring at me stop staring at me stop staring at me...

"St-Stop staring at me!" Jimin bursts out.

"Jimin." Jeongguk reaches over to place a hand on his shoulder. "You okay?"

Jimin opens his eyes and looks at Jeongguk, shakily lowering his hands down. Jeongguk had his brows curled up, having a soft hand on him. Jimin's hands still shook, looking around the classroom with eyes widen. Only a few students are staring at him in a confused way from shouting, then goes back to their lunch. The others students aren't even staring and just eating their lunch.

"Jimin?" Jeongguk repeats again, worried.

"E-Everyone was staring at me..." Jimin shakily replied, being extremely confused.

"No one was staring at you... Some of them were because you shouted out so suddenly." He replies in a soft tone.

"I...I did?"

Jeongguk curls his brows, fluttering his eyes a bit to think. "Jimin, did you take your medication?" He asks.

"I did take my med—"

Jimin suddenly started to hear someone whispering. He looks around the classroom again, seeing a group of people. They weren't whispering or anything, they talked in a normal tone. Jimin knits his brows and messes with his ears, trying to ignore the whispers or feeling like there's a fly near his ear.

"Jimin?" Jeongguk repeats once again, trying to get his attention.

Jimin decided to stand up and leave the classroom, leaving his things behind, except for his phone. He kept hearing the whisper while he kept walking through the hallway. Jimin was easily getting a headache from it. He tried to type on his phone to text his sister about his issue, trying to avoid the whispers as best as he can.

From the texts his sister is getting, she immediately called him. "Oppa, what's going on?" She spoke from the phone.

"Dongsaeng, I-I can't stop hearing the whisper. I-I-I can't get rid of it!" Jimin cries out.

"Did you remember to take you medicine?"

"I-I don't remember if I did—Dongsaeng, I-I'm freaking out! I don't know how to get rid of it!" Jimin grips his own ear.

"Okay, Oppa, try and listen to me, okay? Go to the nurses office and tell them that I'll be arriving to give you your medicine, alright? Tell them that you've forgot to take it today."

"O...Okay."

"If you start have your panic attacks, hug yourself tight or make the nurse do it for you."

Jimin was starting to jog. "I-I'm on my way to the nur—"

Jimin runs into someone, falling down and dropping his phone that slid far away. Once his phone drops, it automatically ends the call and leaving his sister clueless for what happened. The student he ran into just stumbles, but gained their balance right away.

"Shit, are you okay?" The student he ran into spoke up as they kneel down to him. "Are you hurt?"

"That's embarrassing..."

Jimin just sits up from the ground. "I-I..."

"Don't even bother getting up. Trust me, he doesn't really care about you. You're just a bystander."

Jimin covers his ears, starting to shake more. No... Not that voice showing up... It's a bad time for that voice showing up! That voice of his usually and randomly bothers him...it's like a side of him that's never been heard of. Jimin closes his eyes tight, gripping his hair by covering his ears.

"Sir?" The student's brows curl up, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You okay?"

Jimin flinches from the touch and looks at him. He relaxes once the student actually seems worried and kind. Jimin had a chance and shakily reaches over, softly grabbing their arm and scooting close to them from the feeling he's starting to have from his shakes.

"H-Help me." Jimin whispers out.

The student curls their brows. "What's wrong?"

"Nurses office...I-I-I need to go there. Please help me."

The student nods, starting to help him up from the ground. They put their arm around Jimin's arm and helps him lead to the nurses office. Jimin closes his eyes, hoping he gets to the nurses office before the panic attack that he's starting to feel shows up more.

"We're almost there."

"You won't make it."

It's already too late... Jimin slowly started to lower his ground, his heart beating increasing and started to breathe rapidly. His own strength just faded away from the feeling. The student panics and lowers down to his level too, panicking with him.

"Whoa whoa, what's going on?"

Jimin's panic attack was starting to show up. The student widen their eyes. They could tell it's a panic attack he's having. Jimin starts to grip his shirt. He can't hold it in or even hide it anymore. The student didn't know what to do at first, until they remember something.

The student suddenly goes behind Jimin and holds him from behind by wrapping his arms around his chest, making Jimin wrap his arms around himself. "Do me a favor and focus on your breathing. Try and breathe slowly." They softly say.

Jimin closes his eyes tight. Focus on my breathing focus on my breathing... The student closes their own eyes and tightens their hold. Jimin shakily reaches to their arms, gripping their arms to try and tell them that the hold is working. The student decided to quickly reach over and take off Jimin's mask for him to breathe better.

Jimin slowly starts to loosen up, slowly and finally relaxing from the help. His breathing finally went under control and his head lowers down from exhaustion. The student loosens their grip, still holding onto him like it's a back hug now.

"You okay? Are you feeling any better?"

Jimin flutters his eyes open, loose tears falling out of his eyes. "Yes." He whispers out, looking at his own mask.

The student let's go of him, grabbing his mask for him. "I'll still take you to the nurses office. It's just a few more steps."

╭──╯