Fourtyfive

╰──╮

Jeongguk gulps hard, hovering his fist near the door.

He's currently in front of Hoseok's house. Deep downtown. Pretty far from school. To Jeongguk, it seems like he lives in the ghetto. Jeongguk closes his eyes and knocks on the door, stepping back just in case. Stop judging Jeongguk... People live differently. Not everyone can get a tidy home.

The door suddenly swings open, revealing a complete stranger that's a female. Her brows knit, leaning on the doorframe and crossing her arms. "Who are you?"

The woman had a lot of tattoos around her arms and neck, even though it's cold out, she's wearing a short sleeve shirt and sweatpants. From the background, it seems like a different household. She's also still wearing shoes inside the house... To Jeongguk, it's an odd household that he has.

"Um...I'm-I'm here to see Hoseok." Jeongguk nervously says, fiddling with his hands.

The woman looks up and down on him, sighing. "Wait here." She backs up and closes the door.

Jeongguk blinks. He hears the unknown woman yell out for Hoseok, Hoseok yelling back at her as a reply. Jeongguk heard the woman saying that there's some boy at the door for him. Jeongguk gulps hard from the anxiety he felt from hearing Hoseok. He still regrets how things ended up.

Jeongguk hears footsteps coming towards the door, Hoseok grabbing the doorknob and opening the door. Hoseok's brows were knit, then quickly relaxed, not knowing it was Jeongguk at the door. He looks back in the house, then steps out and closes the door behind him.

"What do you want?" Hoseok says, crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For how I acted that day. I was an idiot—"

"You are an idiot." Hoseok interrupts.

Jeongguk bites the inside of his cheek, lowering his eyes. "I'm new to this." He says, nervously looking at him. "I thought...the label thing mattered. That-That's why I'm confused about what happened—I didn't know how to feel and I don't know if it was right. That's...why I was so frustrated when it happened."

Hoseok's brows relaxed. He looks away and sighs, uncrossing his arms. "Maybe I overreacted a little." Jeongguk's brows curl. Hoseok looks at him and sighs. "I just hate the label thing. Since you're new to it, I should've just helped and not been an asshole to you. I should be more sorry."

"So...we're okay?" Jeongguk rubs the back of his neck nervously.

Hoseok looks at him. "Yeah, I guess so." He showed his hand for a handshake.

Jeongguk lifts his hand up to his hand shakes on it. Once he did, he pulls Hoseok close to him. Hoseok stumbles forward and looks at him. Jeongguk leans down to him and kisses his cheekbone, moving away and letting go of his hand. Hoseok's brows curl as Jeongguk turns around and walks away, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Wait." Hoseok spoke up. Jeongguk stops and turns around. Hoseok bites the inside of his cheek. "How...did you find my place?"

Jeongguk shrugs. "I asked Namjoon."

"Oh." Hoseok lowers his eyes.

Jeongguk side smiles. "I'll see you at school, Hoseok." He turns back around and walks away.

Hoseok smiles small, looking away and going over to his door. Right when he grabbed the doorknob, his smile drops. "Wait. I never told Namjoon." His brows curl and looks back, not seeing Jeongguk anymore.

▁▁▁▁▁

They're all at school.

Jimin is patiently waiting to see Jeongguk since he finally fixed his bracelet, fiddling with it while he waits. Namjoon was waiting with him, telling him that he left some clothes and Mudo at Yoongi's place. He finally told Jimin about Seokjin being there but telling him not to be too excited since Seokjin seems different from being famous. Jimin understood what he meant.

They both were waiting in that empty classroom, being a certain hour to just hang out so the other students are hanging out with their friends too. For some reason, Hoseok wasn't showing up. Probably a family issue. But Jeongguk finally showed up from getting snacks in the cafeteria.

"Guess what?" Jimin spoke up.

Jeongguk sits himself down on his desk. "What?"

Jimin proudly takes out the green bracelet. "I finally fixed it~" He coos out.

Jeongguk smiles big, showing his wrist to him. "Well, put it on me!"

Jimin chuckles gets up to slip on the bracelet for him, backing up and sitting back down. Jeongguk looks at the bracelet, glad that it's fixed. Namjoon looks up from his phone and blinks. Since what Jimin told him about Hoseok and Jeongguk being at odds with each other, he thought Jeongguk wouldn't be as happy as usual. But he is happy.

"You seem happy." Namjoon spoke, turning off his phone and putting it down.

Jeongguk looks up from his bracelet, moving his hand down. "Yeah. Why?"

"Did you guys forgive each other?" Jimin spoke up, raising his brows.

Jeongguk lowers his eyes and nods, looking at them. "Yeah. We did."

Jimin smiles. "I'm so glad you guys did. You both really needed to."

Namjoon agrees. "Yeah. It didn't seem right with you guys not talking."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes. "Yeah yeah, I get it." He sighs. "I'm stupid."

"You're not—"

"No no." Jeongguk puts a hand up. "I am. Hoseok said I am and I agree with him."

"You both are." Namjoon says, crossing his arms. "Both of you guys overreacted with a simple kiss and a label."

"I didn't understand anything at that time but now...I know that I do like him. I know it now."

Jimin just smiles at what Jeongguk said.

Namjoon nods. "Alright. I'm glad you thought through it." He looks at Jimin. "Don't you agree?"

Jimin nods, looking at him. "I agree. Where is Hoseok anyways?"

Jeongguk shrugs when they both looked at him. "I don't know. He doesn't tell me everything."

"He was in class today but he left when the bell rang." Namjoon comments. "I don't know what's up with him."

Jeongguk's brows curl. Is it because of me? He seemed decent when I last saw him...

╭──╯