Fifty

╰──╮

Middle of the night, Jeongguk got a text from Hoseok.

Jeongguk woke up from his phone going off twice, reaching out to it and slide it to him to look at the screen. He widen his eyes and quickly sat up from the bed, blinking a lot due to being very sleepy and his eyes watery from slumber. He wipes his eyes pretty quickly to read it with a clearer vision:

Hobi :
At your front door
Don't want to wake up anyone

Jeongguk quickly puts his phone down and got off the bed, slipping on his hoodie that's hanging on his bed frame and due to only sleeping in his shorts. He jogged himself downstairs, trying his best to be really quiet, fast walking to the front door. He unlocks the front door and twists the doorknob open. Hoseok looks up from the ground.

Jeongguk widen his eyes. Hoseok had a busted bottom lip, a cut above his eyebrow and a bruised cheek. The collar of his shirt is slightly stained red like blood. It looked like he had a bloody nose too. Something happened to him. What's odd is that he looked calm. Like it was no big deal.

"H-Hoseok—"

"Can we worry about me later and let me stay the night? Please?" Hoseok interrupts, rubbing his own arm from being cold.

Jeongguk quickly moves away, Hoseok taking off his beat up shoes and walking in. Jeongguk closes the door behind him, locking it back up. Hoseok goes straight upstairs, knowing where his bedroom is from last time. Jeongguk's brows curl and follows him quickly. Hoseok walks into his bedroom and flops himself down on the bed, letting out a relaxed exhale. Jeongguk walks in and closes the door behind him, locking his door.

"Ugh, I forgot how much I love your bed..." Hoseok mutters in the pillow, cuddling up another pillow. Jeongguk stays standing, staring down at him quietly. Hoseok felt the stare, sighing. He pushes the pillow away and turns on his back, looking at him. "Your stare bothers me sometimes. Stop it."

"What...What happened to you?"

Hoseok pushes himself up with a groan, having a pain in his side. He looks down at his own lap. "My uncle showed up." He closes his eyes. "He tried to beat up his sister due to money and I stopped it from happening...so I was the punching bag." He says calmly. Jeongguk jaw shakes with tears in his eyes. Hoseok looks at him, then knits his brows and looks away, rolling his eyes. "Jeez, don't cry about it. It's happened before more than once. I can heal."

Jeongguk slowly sits himself down on the edge of the bed. "Hoseok..." He whispers out as he lifts his hand up to his face but Hoseok moves away. "H-Hoseok, let me see. Please."

Hoseok looks at him, reading his eyes. Jeongguk's eyes showed that he cared dearly, even if they aren't that close with each other much. Hoseok closes his eyes and sighs, nodding to let him touch. Jeongguk placed his hand on the side of his face, carefully touching and caressing the bruise he had on his cheekbone.

"Careful. I'm not immune to pain." Hoseok comments. "By the way, can I wear one of your shirts? I got blood on mine."

Jeongguk moves his hand away and quickly slips off his hoodie. "Y-You can wear this." Hoseok looks at him and softly grabs the hoodie, looking at the piece of clothing. "I-I'll get the first aid." Jeongguk quietly says, standing up and going in his bathroom he has in his own bedroom.

Hoseok flutters his eyes down and puts the hoodie down. He grabs the edge of his own long sleeve shirt and carefully pulls it off, hissing from the pain. Jeongguk comes back with the kit, stopping to see Hoseok's torso. Hoseok's side is bruised badly. It looked like he had been kicked there plenty of times. Jeongguk takes a deep breath before walking to him and sitting down on the bed.

Hoseok was about to slip on the hoodie but Jeongguk stopped him. Jeongguk opens the kit and grabs the wrapped bandage, unwrapping it and scooting closer to him. He starts to carefully wrap his waist up, the medicine already being on the bandage. Hoseok shakily sighs and closes his eyes tight. He hated the medicine smell.

Jeongguk finishes wrapping, now helping Hoseok slip on the hoodie, already being warm and big on Hoseok. Jeongguk brought a wet rag too, picking it up and lifting it up to his face. Hoseok gulps hard, looking at him. Jeongguk slowly cleans off the dried blood around his forehead cut, his nose and now to his bottom lip.

Jeongguk puts down the rag and puts the bandage together, putting the ointment on it and lifting it up to his forehead, putting it on. Jeongguk grabs a cotton swab and puts ointment on the edge, lifting it up to his bottom lip and rubbing it on.

"Thank you." Hoseok whispers. Jeongguk moves the cotton swab away. "I appreciate that you're...healing me."

Jeongguk puts the cotton swab down, lowering his eyes down and closes the first aid kit. "I don't need a thanks. I just need you alive and well." He says. Hoseok scoffs from him, letting out a chuckle. Jeongguk rolls his eyes and smiles small from him smiling too.

Hoseok stops chuckling and his smile disappearing, his eyes lowering down. "I'm not a good person, Jeongguk." Jeongguk looks at him. "I like you, but..." Hoseok flutters his eyes down, then looks at him again. "It's best if you don't like me back."

Jeongguk stares at him with a frown. Hoseok bites the inside of his cheek as he looks away and starts to slip off his socks and pants, getting himself under the blanket and getting all comfortable. He lays down and turns on his unbruised side and faces the wall, grabbing the pillow again and cuddling it. Jeongguk flutters his eyes with his brows curled.

Jeongguk gets up from the bed and grabs Hoseok's clothes on the bed, walking over to the bathroom. Hoseok grips the pillow, jaw shaking and hiding his face in the pillow. Oh how badly he wanted to burst into tears.

╭──╯