Twentysix

╰──╮

Namjoon patiently waited for Jimin.

He was currently waiting by a restaurant, messing with his phone a little and hoping Jimin shows up. He worries for Jimin ever since that situation happened. Namjoon sighs, closing his eyes. He puts his phone in his back pocket, putting his hands in his pockets and lowering his head while he waits.

"Namjoon-ssi."

Namjoon blinks and looks up. He sees Jimin with a tiny brown paper bag in his hand with handles and a soft smile across his face. He was still in his school uniform, Namjoon changed in a casual outfit with the brown jacket that said 'Mudo's owner' on the pocket. Yes, Jimin returned it because Jimin adored him wearing that jacket twenty four seven now.

Namjoon curls up a smile and removes his hands from his pockets. "Hey. You ready to go?"

Jimin nods. "I am."

"Then let's go." Namjoon smiles as he shows his hand, so he can hold his. Instead, Jimin gives him the tiny bag he has by putting the handles on his hand. Namjoon looks. "What's this?"

"It's a gift. For you." Jimin softly smiles.

Namjoon curls his brows and looks at the bag. "Why did you get me a gift?"

"Just open it~" Jimin giggles.

Namjoon chuckles and walks over to the nearest bench, sitting down and started to open the tiny bag. Jimin follows him with his smile still across his face while watching the taller open the gift up, sitting down beside him. Namjoon pulls out the gift, widen his eyes and looking right at him.

"Jimin... Th...These are expensive!"

Jimin giggles. "I feel like you deserve them... I saw your ruined headphones when I was at your place. I-I don't know how yours were destroyed, so...I wanted to get you those."

They were AirPods. two hundred thousand won. Something that Namjoon couldn't ask for by his own parents. The truth behind his ruined headphones, his parents smashed them out of punishment. Namjoon forgot to throw them away because he loved those headphones. The AirPods are a complete upgrade.

"Jimin..." Namjoon stands up, brows curled. "What-What can I get you in return?"

Jimin giggles, shaking his head. "Nothing."

Namjoon puts the AirPods back in the bag, putting it down on the bench beside Jimin. "Stand up. Please."

Jimin proudly stands up as he wishes. Namjoon looks both ways to make sure no one's there or even watching before he puts his arms around Jimin's waist and lifts him up from the ground. Jimin laughs at the sudden and quickly put his arms around Namjoon neck, wrapping his legs around his waist.

"I have such an amazing boyfriend." Namjoon whispers, smiling big.

"And I have an amazing boyfriend too." Jimin whispers back, quickly kissing him on the lips.

Namjoon kisses back, looking at him when they disconnect their lips. "Do you still want to eat?"

"Only if you want to." Jimin messes with Namjoon's hair a bit, having his head tilted.

Namjoon chuckles, carefully putting Jimin down. "Let's go somewhere else. I think you'll like it."

"Where?"

"Do you perhaps have swimming trunks?"

Jimin blinks. "Swimming?"

▁▁▁▁▁

They both arrived at the beach, no one there due to the time.

Namjoon drove there, dropping him off, so Jimin could get his swimming trunks. Namjoon drove to his own place real quick to get his trunks too. Jimin changed his clothes when he got his swimming trunks instead of being in his school uniform. While they walked to the beach, they held hands without being in the public.

"The beach is so beautiful..." Jimin whispers, placing his other hand on his own chest.

Namjoon chuckles at him. "The sky goes so well with the ocean, doesn't it?"

Jimin looks at him, smiling small. "Let's go swimming."

Namjoon smiles big and let's go of his hand, happily slipping off his shirt. They both already had their trunks on from under their outfits, slipping off their clothes and jumping in the water. For the moment they're having, they were splashing water at each other, swimming around like they were mermaids. It was an adorable scene.

Then it stopped being adorable.

"Well, well. Aren't you having fun?"

Jimin blinks and turns his head to the distance of the ocean. He immediately spots Tae from where he looked, him standing on the water like he's Jesus. He had his hands in his pockets, head tilted like he's from The Ring. Tae is just in his head. How can he be a God when he's the devil in his head? Jimin gulps hard and looks around, not seeing Namjoon anywhere from Tae appearing.

"That slender boyfriend of yours really doesn't know your whole story yet? So sad..." Tae tsks, shaking his head.

Jimin curls his brows and looks right back to him. "What are you talking about?"

"Jeez, you always forget your past!" Tae laughs.

For Namjoon's perspective, he sees Jimin staring at the ocean, staying completely still. Namjoon's brows were curled up, swimming over to him. "Jimin?" Namjoon quietly spoke up.

"You didn't just kill a rabbit, my sweet boy. You killed another animal like it was nothing."

Jimin's heart drops. "Wh-What?"

Namjoon places a soft hand on Jimin's shoulder.

Tae's voice started to become static, his appearance glitching out like a television screen. "This beach brings back memories and you can't remember?"

Jimin ignores the static. "N...No, I don't..."

"You watch a poor little kitten drown... And you never helped it. You watched it die." Tae tsks, sitting himself down on the water.

"No... No, I-I wouldn't ignore that!" Jimin shouts. "I would help it!"

Namjoon finds his hand from the water and intertwines their hands together. He saw Jimin's eyes watering, brows curled up like Tae is telling him something very upsetting. He could feel his heart beating fast by just the hold of his hand. Namjoon scoots close to him, putting his other hand on his arm and pulling him close.

"Jimin-ssi. It's just me and you." Jimin's hand twitches from hearing him, Namjoon trying to get him out of his head. "Please...snap out of it. He's not really there."

Jimin suddenly jumps and gets out of the stare, fluttering his eyes a bunch and not seeing Tae anymore. He looks at Namjoon, seeing him with a worried expression across his face. Jimin covers his mouth. "I-I'm so sorry."

"No, don't apologize—it's okay." Namjoon places a hand on the side of his face. "It's was just a slip up."

╭──╯