Eighteen

╰──╮

"I had a good time."

"Me too. I'm surprised we ate all of the mochis." Namjoon chuckles. "I didn't think we were going to finish them."

Jimin giggles. "Yeah. I was pretty hungry."

"Did you not eat anything for dinner?"

"I did, but...not as much." Jimin looks at him. "Do you think...you're able to stay with me?"

"I wish I could." Namjoon looks at him. "My parents are strict with my curfew more. Gladly, they don't know I left to see you."

Jimin curls his brows. "You...shouldn't do that."

"I know. But you're really worth breaking the curfew." Namjoon pouts.

Jimin faintly smiles and stops walking. "I-I don't want you getting in trouble because of me. There can be sacrifices here and there but...I don't want you taking risks."

Namjoon stops walking too. "I really care about you—what if no one is able to comfort you if you had troubles?"

"Namjoon. I'll be fine." He softly squeezes his hand, smiling small. "If it ends worse...I'll be visiting the mental hospital if things get out of hand."

Namjoon curls his brows. Jimin lowers his eyes and started walking, making Namjoon walk with him too with their hands still together. I had so many outbursts lately... I don't think I'll escape from ending up there. I'll be going there soon. Jimin looks at him with brows curled. Please wait for me if I end up there. I know I won't be the same when I'm there.

A few minutes later, they got to Jimin's house. Namjoon leans in to softly kiss his cheek, wishing him a good night and hoping he feels better. Jimin gave him a kiss on the cheek too, telling him that he'll see him at school some other day. Namjoon gives him a small and a quick hug. Jimin adored the hug every single time, his back being caressed.

Jimin gets in his house and closes the door behind him. He couldn't help to be upset that he left, locking the door. He didn't want Namjoon getting in trouble because of him. He kind of knew how his parents are like...but he didn't want Namjoon to get hurt...verbally hurt. He doesn't know about physically.

▁▁▁▁▁

A few days later, Jimin was able to go back to school. Since people were still judgmental normally, Jimin put his mask back on. He held onto his backpack straps once his mother dropped him off, Sooyoung staying for a minute. Jimin softly sighs, staring at the school building.

"You okay, Oppa?" Sooyoung softly asks.

Jimin looks at her and softly nods. "It's...been a bit." He looks back at the school. "I'm just nervous."

"It's fine being nervous. Make sure you drink water, okay?"

"Yes, Dongsaeng. I'll remember to do that. Besides," He grabs something in his backpack and takes out a water bottle. "I brought a water bottle. I never forget."

Sooyoung softly chuckles. "You're right. You always do remember."

Jimin smiles. "Always."

"Jimin-ah!" Namjoon yells out.

Jimin blinks and looks at where he heard it. Sooyoung blinks too and sees Namjoon running up to them. Namjoon had a big wide smile and immediately picks up Jimin by the waist and hugs him. Jimin was shocked from the sudden hug, but hugged him back anyways. Sooyoung raised a brow, wondering what made Namjoon do that type of hug.

Namjoon realized what he did and quickly puts him down, backing up a bit. "S-Sorry." He nervously chuckles. "I'm just...glad to see that you're back."

Sooyoung curls up a smile. Oh, I see now. They got a big spark between them that I don't know of...

Jimin just softly chuckles. "It-It's okay. I'm glad I'm back too." Jimin nervously looks at his sister, then looks away. "I know where to go, Dongsaeng. You can go..."

Sooyoung blinks. "Oh. Right. I'll go on and leave." She chuckles, winking at her brother, nudging him and walking away back to the car. Jimin was confused why she's acting a way.

"So..." Namjoon nervously rubs the back of his neck, feeling all shy from what he did. "I can uh, take you to the teacher's office to get the tests that you need...since you studied."

Jimin just chuckles. "I'm okay. They told me to get back on track and study more. They planned onto not have any tests once I'm done with the other ones."

"That's oddly nice of them."

"Yeah... They know what I go through, so...they do that for me." Jimin sighs. "It makes school a little simpler for me, I guess."

"Oh. Well, um—"

"Jiminie~!" Jeongguk runs up to the two. Namjoon blinks and turns his head. Jeongguk runs up to Jimin and immediately puts his arms around him. "Ugh, I'm so glad you're here! I missed you so much~"

Jimin giggles, hugging Jeongguk back. "I'm glad to see you too, Gguk."

Jeongguk let's go of him, fixing Jimin's hair for him. "How's everything? Did you get hurt at all?" He touches the scars around his face and through his mask, making sure there's no new ones.

Jimin just let it happen, giggling a bit more. "I'm okay. You don't need to check on me."

"You're right." Jeongguk moves his hands off, letting Jimin slip his mask back on. "I know how it is. I almost forgot."

"Hey Jeongguk." Namjoon spoke, smiling small.

Jeongguk looks at him, his smile couldn't help to disappear. "Um. Hi Namjoon."

"Can you guys like each other. Please?" Jimin says, deciding to put his soft hands on Namjoon's bicep. "It's okay now. Namjoonie knows everything." He looks at him with a soft smile. "And he understands what I go through."

"So he knows about Tae?"

Jimin's heart dropped, smiling quickly fading too and looks away at Namjoon. He moves his hands off Namjoon's arm and stares at Jeongguk, having anger for him bringing up that filthy name to him. Namjoon curls his brows and looks at Jimin, then looks at Jeongguk out of confusion.

Jeongguk froze, realizing. "Fuck—Jimin, I'm so sorry."

"Who's Tae?" Namjoon had to ask, still confused.

"I-I should go to class and-and get things situated." Jimin mutters, walking away and couldn't help to bump shoulders with Jeongguk.

Jeongguk curls his brows and turns around. "Jimin, please forgive me!"

╭──╯