Fiftyseven

╰──╮

Anger. That's all Namjoon felt.

It's only been a like month and he recently found out that Jimin is staying in the mental institution for such a long time. The bad thing is that Jimin and his parents are refusing to have visitors. His parents said he needed to focus on his health and stay relaxed. Namjoon just couldn't bare to accept it. He couldn't get in the hospital to see him anymore. It's torture.

But he can't be mad forever. It's graduation day. Namjoon is currently slipping on his cap and gown, looking at himself in the mirror to make sure he looks at least decent since he has been a wreck for the past days and weeks.

Yoongi softly knocks on his door. "Joon, can I come in?"

"I guess." Namjoon mumbles, fixing his tie.

Yoongi pushes the door open, walking in his bedroom and immediately seeing him. He couldn't help to stop by one step. Yoongi saw a grown adult in Namjoon, it couldn't help to make him emotional. Yoongi curls up a small smile, crossing his arms like a proud father moment.

Namjoon looks at him, then back to the mirror. "What?"

Yoongi looks at him. "You look like a professional."

He scoffs. "Yeah right. I look like I bribed the principal to graduate."

Yoongi walks up to him and slaps his arm. "Stop being a dick to yourself. You got that diploma fair and square. You've studied your ass off for such a long time."

Namjoon just shrugs it off and kept fiddling with his tie. Yoongi sighs at him, looking at what Namjoon's doing. His tie is perfectly fine on him but he kept repeatedly messing with it for no reason. Yoongi crosses his arms again, brows slightly curling up.

"Your tie's fine. You look good." Namjoon stops from his words and moves his hands off his tie, gulping hard. Yoongi lifts his hand up to Namjoon's shoulder. "What's wrong? You're nervous?"

"No."

"Then what is it?"

Namjoon bites the inside of his cheek, fluttering his eyes a lot. "There's one person missing. Jeongguk's graduating, possibly Hoseok but...Jimin isn't graduating with us." Namjoon looks at him, tears in his eyes.

Yoongi's brows fully curl. "You made a promise to him, didn't you?"

Namjoon closes his eyes and nods. Yoongi sighs and pulls on his arm so he could hug him, wrapping his arms around him. Namjoon bends down and hugs him, resting his chin on his shoulder. He's a big baby... Yoongi thought while hugging him, knowing he has every right to cry about Jimin not being there to graduate.

After that, Yoongi and Seokjin went to Namjoon's graduation, driving there and comforting him. For fame reasons, Seokjin had to dress in a way he doesn't like to be dressed. Before graduation, Namjoon, Jeongguk and Hoseok met up so they can be mentally prepared.

Sadly, Hoseok wasn't graduating with them but showed up to support. Hoseok told Jeongguk that there was no chance that he's going to graduate due to his life situation. His grades were perfectly fine but he didn't have enough credits. So, Hoseok showed up without a cap and gown. Jeongguk comforted Hoseok the whole time, secretly holding his hand in his pocket, hiding it from the crowd.

The ceremony was about to start, all of them sitting at the chairs by the first letter of their last name. Namjoon and Jeongguk sat by each other and if a Jimin was there, he would be farther back. If Hoseok was graduating with them, Hoseok would sit near or beside Jeongguk.

Namjoon kept fiddling at his seat, nervous as hell in general. Jeongguk notices and placed his hand on top of his, wanting him to relax. Namjoon stops fidgeting and looks at him. Jeongguk smiles small. Namjoon nods for knowing what he meant. Once Jeongguk moved his hand away and looked forward, Namjoon looks back to where Jimin is supposed to be sitting. But all he sees is an empty chair.

Jimin's parents weren't at the graduation. For Jimin, his parents and his sister visited him during graduation day, the only day Jimin allowed it and staying for an hour or longer. Mr.Park and Sooyoung were standing while Mrs.Park is sitting on the edge of the bed. Jimin was sitting up as Mrs.Park is carefully putting the cap and gown on him.

"Congratulations Park Jimin, my beautiful and wonderful son." Mrs.Park spoke with tears in her eyes while she holds his hand with both of hers.

"I'm proud of you, son." Mr.Park softly says. "You did so well."

Sooyoung tried to hold on her cries, stabbing herself with her nails to distract herself from crying. "I-I love you, Oppa." That's all she can push out to say.

All Jimin could say was a thank you in a low tone. It broke all of their hearts, knowing he's so drugged up with pain meds, sleeping meds and the medicine he usually takes for his schizophrenia. They stayed with Jimin until their time ran out like it's a prison.

Namjoon and Jeongguk graduated, throwing their caps in the air and getting them back. Well, Namjoon didn't get his but Jeongguk got it for him. Namjoon had tears in his eyes while staring at his diploma, Hoseok hugging him from behind while Jeongguk talked to Yoongi and Seokjin.

Namjoon enjoyed the people he has around that cared for him, comforting him when he needs it. He tried to stay happy for the four, Seokjin being slightly uncomfortable because he feels like he'll be recognized, Yoongi obviously comforted him in secret.

"Hyung." Namjoon decided to speak up.

Yoongi looks at him. "Yeah?"

"I want to start working for you. Can you get me a résumé from your job tonight?"

Yoongi blinks. "Really? It's...working on cars all the time. Are you sure you want to work for me?"

"Yes." Namjoon nods.

Yoongi curls his brows. "Okay. You can be my helper if you're hired."

Namjoon smiles small and bows. "Thank you Hyung."

"Yeah yeah whatever."

╭──╯