Eight

╰──╮

Just another day at school.

Namjoon hasn't seen Jimin since two days ago. He kept messing with his keys, staring at the inside of his locker like he's staring off into space. About the news of Jimin...it couldn't leave his head at all. He worries for Jimin a lot now and he hopes he's at least home and resting—

"Hi Namjoon."

Namjoon blinks and turns his head, widening his eyes. Jimin smiles small, holding onto his folder and book up to his chest. He had another mask on, Namjoon forgetting to return the one he left behind. Jimin seemed so...calm. He seems very sweet to see Namjoon from seeing him the last time.

"Jimin? I uh, I-I thought you were staying home longer."

"I'm feeling better." Jimin flutters his eyes. "Can...Can we talk? Privately?"

"Yeah. Of course. Where do you want to talk?"

"At the field. No one's playing today, so...on the field. Is that okay?" He tilts his head.

"Yeah, for sure. That's okay. When?"

"During lunch... I'll be waiting."

"Okay. I'll see you there." Namjoon softly smiles.

Jimin's eyes turn into crescent moons, pointing out that he's smiling under the mask. He bows and turns around, walking away as he hopes that Namjoon shows up. Namjoon couldn't help to curl up a smile, closing his locker. He was so glad to see Jimin and that he's doing okay.

▁▁▁▁▁

Jimin waited.

He waited so patiently that he started to write down how he felt about the situation that he's waiting for. He wrote down in his personal notebook, hoping Namjoon shows up sooner or later. He's almost running out of time... He doesn't know what to do during the wait.

"Jiminie!"

Jimin blinks and looks up from his notebook, curling up at smile. He sees Namjoon running towards him, knowing he felt horrible for being late. Jimin quickly closes his notebook and puts it back in his backpack. He wipes off the eraser shavings on his lap and situating himself. Namjoon finally walks up to him, putting his hands on his knees and taking a breather.

"Am-Am I late?" He asks, brows all curled up.

"Slightly...yes." Jimin chuckles.

Namjoon just lies himself down on the floor, still catching his breath. "Why is the field so far..."

Jimin chuckles. "I-I thought the field is more breezy. I'm sorry about that."

"No no." Namjoon sits himself up, grunting. "It's fine. I needed my steps anyways."

Jimin just smiles small and lowers his eyes. "Listen... I...I wanted to apologize for what happened that day."

Namjoon sits himself straight. "Okay. I'm listening."

Jimin gulps hard, starting to hold his legs in comfort. "I have a lot of things going on...in my head. I-I'm diagnosed with sch-schizophrenia. Sometimes they get out of hand and my-my medicine wears off at random times... I-I just needed new medication...that's all."

Namjoon curls his brows. "Now...that makes sense."

Jimin blinks. "What?"

"You know, I always thought that you were just acting out for a role in the school play." Namjoon rubs his chin. "Hm. My thoughts were completely wrong!"

Jimin flutters his eyes a lot, trying to understand what he's actually trying to do. He's not...showing sadness towards it? Jimin couldn't help to snort and covers his mouth—well, his mask. He giggles a little more, lowering his legs down by feeling more comfortable about his reaction.

Namjoon chuckles, looking at him. "I understand it all, Jimin. I didn't know what was going on at first, but I knew something was wrong."

"So...y-you understand?" Jimin curls his brows.

"Of course." Namjoon scoots himself closer, having a small smile on his face. "Everything's fine. You know I'm here for you, right?" Jimin softly nods. Namjoon places a soft hand on his shoulder. "Is there anything else you would like to say?"

"I...I was just...afraid to tell you."

"That's okay." Namjoon takes off his backpack. "Do you want a mochi?"

Jimin nods a lot, unzipping his backpack and taking out his lunchbox too to see if he can offer something. Namjoon chuckles at the change in conversation, taking out his lunchbox and unzipping it, opening it up to grab out a mochi. It was good to change the subject. For Jimin mainly.

"I have more than just strawberry. Wanna try grape this time?" He shows the mochi to him, smiling small. Jimin nods, reaching over to grab the mochi, seeing the purple color in the sweet. "Don't worry, same person made it."

Jimin giggles, slowly taking off his mask and taking a small bite. Namjoon couldn't help to look at him, seeing the flaws that he covers. He ignored the scars, just seeing his cute nose, beautiful smile and his adorable cheeks. Namjoon knows that he hides it for the scars, but it shouldn't distract him. It doesn't.

"Whoa...it's good." Jimin spoke.

"Great! You should meet my Hyung. He would love to make more for you if you'd like."

Jimin giggles, moving his hair out of his eyes. "Thanks..."

The bell rings.

Jimin widen his eyes. "O-Oh no! We're late for class!" He quickly starts gathering his stuff up, grabbing his mask and slipping it on.

Namjoon blinks and gathers his stuff too, zipping up his backpack and putting it on. "C'mon, we should hurry!" He reaches over and grabs Jimin's hand, starting to run.

Jimin grabs his hand back, panicking that he's being pulled with and starting to run too. He notices the different sizes of their hands, Namjoon's hand wraps completely around Jimin's hand. Jimin couldn't help to blush about it, running with him.

"We're almost there!" Namjoon says. "I'll bring you to class first!"

Jimin curls his brows. "W-Wait." He slows down.

Namjoon slows down too, looking at him. "What? What's wrong?"

"My class isn't so...important. W-We could skip..."

He stops walking. "Oh?" Jimin smiles, eyes turning crescent moons. Namjoon smirks and grips his hand. "Alright. Then let's go." He starts running back to the field.

Jimin giggles as he started to run with him, gripping onto his hand too. Namjoon chuckles too, looking back at him to see him smiling with his eyes.

╭──╯