Twenty

╰──╮

Jimin went back to his classroom, giving the key back and waited patiently.

He waited for the bell to ring for them to get prepared for the next subject. He hated waiting when it comes to being worried about Namjoon. When he got back from the 'bathroom', Jimin gave Jeongguk a note back to him to let him know what's going on and where he actually went:

« He's sleeping in class. I checked. »

Jeongguk was slightly relieved that he's getting some sleep in class. But Jimin felt like he knew more than just Namjoon getting lack of sleep. He felt like Namjoon hasn't told him a certain thing about his family. Jeongguk wrote a note back, putting it on Jimin's desk:

« At least he's sleeping, right? »

Jimin looks at him and shook his head, writing a note back and giving it to him quickly:

« Something doesn't feel right, Gguk. »

Jeongguk curls his brows, looking at Jimin. How does he already know what's wrong with him?

The bell finally rings.

"Class is dismissed. Get ready for your next subject and use the bathroom if you have to before the bell rings again." Ms.Ahn says, straightening up the stack of paper she has and leaving the classroom.

Jimin closes his notebook and gets up from his desk.

Jeongguk gets up too. "Jimin-ssi, what do you mean something doesn't feel right?" He softly spoke.

"His parents are rude people, Gguk. They've been only caring about his cerfew...and it's all because of me."

Jeongguk curls his brows. "What?"

Jimin gulps. "Me and Namjoon...hung out a night when I wasn't able to go to school and my medication wasn't that wonky." He confesses. "My Dongsaeng and my parents don't know about it." Jimin grabs Jeongguk's wrist. "W-We need to check on Namjoon before class starts again." He starts to walk to the exit.

Jeongguk walks with, but stops walking mid step. "Jimin, I think he's okay. He probably just didn't get enough sleep."

Jimin looks at him, then looks away and let's go of his wrist. "Then I'll go check on him." He turns around and leaves the classroom.

Jeongguk sighs, crossing his arms. He watches him leave, mentally groaning and decides to follow him, uncrossing his arms. Jimin walked himself right over to the other side of the class, making his way to Namjoon's classroom. Jimin slides the door open and walks in, going straight to his desk.

"Hey, who are you?" A student in Namjoon's class spoke up, seeing Jimin enter the classroom.

"It's none of your business." Jeongguk spoke up for Jimin, brows knitted.

Jimin places his hand on Namjoon's back. "Namjoonie?" He softly and quietly says. "Namjoonie, are you okay?" He rocks him a bit, wanting him to wake up from slumber.

He glances over and sees Namjoon's wrist from how he's laying on his desk. It's...bandaged, but the outside looks all bruised up. It's not self harm. It's something else that he doesn't know about. Jimin curls his brows, moving over to see Namjoon's face. His lips are extremely chapped and he does look like he hasn't slept in weeks.

Jimin sits up and looks at Jeongguk. "H-He's not sleeping!"

Jeongguk widen his eyes. "I'll go get the nurse!" He quickly leaves the classroom.

▁▁▁▁▁

Instead of just the nurse, the ambulance decided to show up.

Namjoon's class were told to leave and make Jeongguk and Jimin go back to their classroom. But they didn't. Jimin didn't want to leave and Jeongguk stayed by his side due to being Namjoon's friend. Turns out, Namjoon hasn't actually slept and he's dehydrated. He's weak of strength and stamina. He hasn't been drinking water and sleeping.

Jimin blames himself for it. But the truth is, it's not even his fault. Namjoon's parents is for the ones to blame. Once the paramedics got Namjoon to wake up, they told him that they're taking him to the hospital since school isn't the right place for him right now. Namjoon started panicking and grabs the paramedics arm, starting to beg for him not to go there. Namjoon didn't know Jimin's watching.

"Please sir, I-I can't go to the hospital!" Namjoon begs, developing tears in his eyes. "My parents are going to kill me if I'm there! Please!"

"Sir, we don't have a choice. You're dehydrated and you need sleep. The hospital is the one thing that can help you right now." The paramedic said.

"I can't go!" Namjoon cries out, still holding onto their arm.

"Sir, please let go of my arm." The paramedic says.

Jimin continued to watch with tears in his eyes, gripping his best friend's sleeve. Jeongguk just held onto his arms, trying to comfort him. Jimin's signs of worry were right. Namjoon wasn't well at all and didn't tell anyone about it. Gladly, Jeongguk noticed first before Jimin could.

"Park and Jeon, I told you to go back to your classroom." The teacher spoke up, crossing his arms.

"I'm not leaving Namjoon behind." Jimin spoke, brows curled up. "H-He would've told me he isn't well."

The teacher softly sighs. "He'll be alright, Park. He's going to the hospital to get treated."

"We don't want to leave him behind." Jeongguk says. "Even though we're on the other side of the school, we're not leaving Namjoon like this."

"Get back to class you two. This isn't an issue you need to worry about."

It is an issue I need to worry about! He's my boyfriend! Jimin knits his brows and lowering his eyes, gripping Jeongguk's sleeve tighter. "I'm not leaving." He mutters.

Jeongguk scoffs and faces Jimin. "We'll pretend to leave." He whispers, making sure the teacher doesn't hear. Jimin nods, relaxing his grip. Jeongguk faces the teacher. "We're leaving." He said.

As for Namjoon, he's still begging the paramedics to not go to the hospital. His parents are actual demons in his life. He hates when he gets himself in trouble because his parents still treat him like he's nothing important. Jimin just wanted to cry for him. He's already hating how the day is going.

╭──╯