Nine

╰──╮

Namjoon and Jimin continued running.

Jimin's adrenaline was pumping and so was Namjoon's. They were still holding hands from the taller being faster than him. Jimin didn't mind at all and couldn't help to smile big under the mask. Jeongguk never really held his hand...he was always afraid to, even if they're only as friends.

"We can go up here." Namjoon says, reaching to a hill with a view of the water and helping Jimin climb up.

Jimin walks up, letting go of Namjoon's hand from the help. Since he was out of breath, Jimin takes off his mask and wipes the sweat off that he developed. He also takes off his jacket that went with the uniform. Namjoon takes off his jacket too, tossing it on his shoulder for now.

Namjoon sits down on the ground and sighs, looking at him. "You look better without the mask by the way."

Jimin looks at him. He couldn't help to blush from the compliment, lowering his eyes down. Namjoon takes off the jacket from his shoulder and puts it down beside him, looking at Jimin again and pats down on it. Jimin nervously walks over to him and sits down on the jacket, thanking him quietly for the seat.

"I hope this doesn't count as running away." Namjoon comments.

Jimin giggles. "I hope so too. M-My Dongsaeng is going to freak out if she finds out that I did this..."

"Don't worry so much, okay?" The taller softly nudges him, smiling small. "It's still school hours. They'll think you're still at school and when the school hours are done, we return home like nothing happened."

"That's...kind of smart to say."

"Well, my bad boy thoughts are all from middle school." Namjoon chuckles. "I'm kidding. I can't be dumb again with smart ideas. I was just a total troublemaker."

"Some troublemakers have good reasons..." Jimin mumbles, fluttering his eyes down.

Namjoon looks at him, tilting his head. "How so?"

"I-I mean..." Jimin nervously rubs the back of his neck, noticing Namjoon's looking at him. "You could have reasons...to why you're a troublemaker l-like...issues...in the family."

Namjoon blinks. "Oh. That's a good point."

Jimin's phone starts ringing, making him quickly get it out of his pocket to see who's calling or texting. It's usually important when someone calls or texts him. It was usually his sister and his parents. Thankfully, it wasn't his sister nor his parents. It was just Jeongguk:

Kook :
Where are you? Lunch time was over minutes ago!

"Who's that?" Namjoon softly asks.

"It's Jeongguk...he's wondering where I am." Jimin quietly replies.

Namjoon shrugs. "Tell him if you want."

"No... He'll think that it wasn't my plan...and blame you." Jimin shuts off his phone, leaving Jeongguk on read. "I...I'll talk to him once we go back." He looks at him, smiling small.

Namjoon smiles small. "Okay."

Jimin looks at the view, softly sighing. Namjoon looks at the view too. Jimin slides his legs up to his chest, holding onto them and fluttering his eyes closed. He started to love where he's at and how he's feeling. He didn't want to leave. The wind blows at the both of them, Jimin's hair moving from the wind. He relaxed so easily from the breeze.

"I wish I could always feel like this." Jimin softly says. "I just want to let go of everything when I'm here..."

Namjoon looks at him. "Yeah... I don't want to leave either."

Jimin didn't put his mask back on. Namjoon had a beautiful view of him, his side profile was just everything. For the first time, Jimin actually seems really relaxed here. Namjoon just looks back to the view, closing his eyes to feel the breeze again too. Jimin flutters his eyes open and looks at him, tilting his head.

"You know...I'm kind of glad we did this." Jimin softly says.

Namjoon looks at him. "You think so?"

Jimin nods, looking back at the view. "I feel free for once. I don't feel trapped or anything while I'm out here. Like...no one has to deal with me because I'm out of their way."

Namjoon curls his brows. He slightly understands what he means but, it sounds upsetting in a way. "I'm glad that you're feeling such a way...in a good way." He nervously says.

Jimin chuckles, looking at him with a smile. "I just feel free that people don't have to worry about me...that's what I meant."

"Oooh." Namjoon blinks, looking back at the view.

▁▁▁▁▁

An hour or so later, Namjoon and Jimin started to walk back to school, Jimin hoped that Jeongguk isn't so mad or upset about fleeing school. Namjoon sighs, having his hands in his pockets. He glances down at Jimin, seeing him mess with the tie on his uniform. It seems like he forgot something... He's fidgeting.

Namjoon rubs the back of his neck nervously. "So—"

Jimin stops walking and gasps, covering his mouth. "I-I forgot my mask!"

Namjoon blinks and stops walking. "We're too far away now. No worries though, I still have the pair you left behind that one time."

Jimin looks at him, still having his mouth covered with his hands. "Y-You do?"

Namjoon nods, taking his backpack off to unzip the small part and takes out a mask. "See? Here." He hands it to him.

Jimin blinks, slowly taking it back with his brows curled. "You...kept it?"

"Of course. I thought you didn't have a spare at those times, so...I kept it just in case. For you." Jimin curls his brows at him, looking down at the mask. Namjoon smiles small. "C'mon. We don't want to be late when school ends." Namjoon shows his hand.

Jimin looks at him, faintly smiling at him. He reaches over to softly grab his hand. Namjoon smiles bigger at him, holding onto his hand tightly and started to walk. Jimin walks with him, looking down at his mask. He really did save it...just for me. Jimin smiles small at the thought, shoving his mask in the pocket and avoiding the thought that he usually wears it.

╭──╯