Sixtytwo

╰──╮

"His health is good and his medication is in place. The only extra thing that he needs to do is eye drops. He'll need help on that."

Mrs.Park nods. "Is there anything else?"

Namjoon caresses Jimin's knuckles as the two are laying on the bed, Jimin cuddling him while he does so. Namjoon found what Jimin was looking for in the beginning, putting the bracelet on him. Jimin's parents are in the hallway, talking to the doctor to check up on him normally with the door closed for privacy. Jimin's only been home for two days.

Namjoon's appearance has changed a lot, Jimin sadly unable to see his glow up while he's been away, having an extreme blurry sight instead of pitch black. Namjoon's hair is much longer, covering the back of his neck while his hair is a light brown color. He'll someday chop it all off. He's much more buff to the feeling, looking like a complete adult and not a teenager anymore.

When Namjoon's reaction towards Jimin's hospitalization, Sooyoung had to tell her parents about their relationship. Surprisingly, they didn't really dislike it. They both think it's odd because they're both males but it doesn't weird them out as bad as you think. If Jimin's happy with Namjoon, it doesn't bother them as much.

"Namjoonie."

"Yeah?"

Jimin moves off him and sits himself up, still being close to him as Namjoon sits up too. Jimin moves his hands to the pillow, sliding his hands under them both to find something under it. He finds the right pillow and suddenly pulls out an envelope. Namjoon blinks, seeing what he's holding.

"I wrote this in the hospital, for you." Jimin shows the envelope to him, placing a hand on Namjoon's thigh to make sure he's still there. "I-I wanted to give it to you but I wasn't prepared to mail it so...I kept it and brought it with me instead."

Namjoon curls his brows and softly grabs the envelope, slowly starting to open it. Jimin smiles small, putting both hands on his thigh. Namjoon pulls the piece of paper out of the envelope, starting to unfold it. Jimin lies back down to rest his head on his shoulder, sliding his hands to Namjoon's arm to feel the much bigger muscles. Namjoon ignores while he reads it;

dear namjoon,

   i hope you're doing well, i'm doing okay in case you're wondering. i never really do letters, but you deserve to get one from how things ended up...

 i'm really sorry namjoon. i broke our promise. i broke your promise. i don't know what got over me. i know explaining it won't make sense because it doesn't feel right on my end.

 i miss you everyday, 24/7 to infinity. i can never stop thinking of you and how bad i feel for breaking the promise. i love you so much, namjoon. i really hope you're doing okay.

 i'm learning braille while writing this. i'm pretty good at doing this while not looking, haha. but it's not the same without seeing it. without seeing you.

 i regret what i did, 100%. i'm upset with myself from hurting you like this and that i'm not able to see you anymore. i crave for your touch every single day. Everything we do together, i crave it like women do for chocolate. i just can't get enough of you.

 if you're not thinking of me... i won't be upset. you have that right to ignore this letter too. but i just want you to know that i have missed you everyday since i've done this to myself. i can't wait to be with you once again.

 i love you forever and always.

                   — jimin

Namjoon developed tears in his eyes, the droplets hitting the paper.

"Um, from what all I remember that I wrote...I don't really do letters so..." Jimin nervously chuckles. "I don't know if I really said the right things in it." Namjoon quickly wipes his tears away, sniffing. Jimin heard and felt Namjoon slightly shaking, brows curling up and lifting his head up. "Why are you shaking...? Was what I said too much?"

"No. It-It's perfect." Namjoon sniffs again. "I love it."

Jimin curls his brows. "You don't have to lie... I remember most of what I said in it. It-It's not meant in a way you're trying to make it seem... I broke our promise and I've ruined another. I-I didn't graduate with you."

Namjoon looks at him. "You're more important than those promises that are meant to be broken those days."

"And you're important too. I-I just know that it broke you when I went away... I-I'm sorry for that." His voice to started to shake.

Namjoon moves the letter away and fully faces him. He moves his hands up to Jimin's hands, holding them tightly. Jimin immediately felt at ease from his touch. "It was unexpected when what you did happened. It took me a while to understand, it did. But I needed to stay strong for you. Don't worry about those stupid promises—they're meant to be broken somehow, right?"

"I'm blind, Namjoonie. I-I did an idiotic thing and broke that one rule and promise... It-It's all on me, not you." Jimin lifts his hands up to remove Namjoon's hands, tears starting to develop. Namjoon just closes his eyes. Jimin knew Namjoon's trying to take all the blame. But he never did anything to deserve it. "W-We're serious about our promises..." He sniffs. "Why aren't you mad!?" Jimin suddenly bursts. "Wh-Why aren't you upset that I broke them!?"

Sooyoung couldn't help to interrupt when she heard her brother shout, opening the door with her brows curled to see the two facing each other. "Is everything okay?" She asks in a worried tone.

"I-I broke our promises and-and he's saying that it's okay when it's not!" Jimin cries out. "I-I broke the major ones!"

"Jimin..." Namjoon frowns at his behavior, lifting his hands up to cup his face. "I love you enough to understand why the promises were broken. I understand it all... I can't be mad at you when I'm seeing you once again."

╭──╯