Thirtyeight

╰──╮

Namjoon's currently uncontrollably shaking.

One of Namjoon's grades slipped and that's mainly what his parents cared about. Once they found out, they weren't too happy. At the time, Namjoon's in his room while he shakily wraps up his wrist with the first aid kit he has kept in his bedroom for now on. It stings every time his parents do it. How many fucking wooden rulers do they even have?

Namjoon finishes wrapping up his wrist, shakily closing the kit and putting it away by standing up and putting it on his desk. By accident, from the lack of food, Namjoon looses his balance but catches the edge of his bed to not fall hard. Namjoon closes his eyes tight and shakily exhales, pushing himself back up to sit on the edge.

He doesn't want Jimin to know. He was afraid that it'll just hurt his feelings. Namjoon covers his face and just tries to calm himself down from the pain in his wrist. Namjoon gets a message from Jimin, looking to see his phone light up. His parents never take his phone which is odd. Namjoon picks up his phone and pulls up the message:

Jimmy Jim Jimin :
Did everything go okay with your Hyung?

Since his wrist hurts, he only texts with one hand:

NamNam :
Yes
He seems like he's okay
Less rude than usual

If Namjoon's parents ever did take his phone, he'll just get his old phone that he has hidden just in case. Jimin texts back a few seconds later:

Jimmy Jim Jimin :
That's really good to hear
Are you doing okay?

NamNam :
I'm okay

The thing is, Namjoon was punished from finding out that he was with Yoongi. The only thing they could do at the time, was abuse. His parents have gotten so stupid lately. Before Namjoon could turn his phone off, Jimin texts again:

Jimmy Jim Jimin :
Did you give Hoseok the address?
To that club that your Hyung knows?

NamNam :
I did
I told him to text me to send it to Hoseok
Don't worry (:

Namjoon groans at the pain in his wrist and shuts his phone off, tossing it to the side. He clutches at his arm, closing his eyes tight. His parents hit harder this time. Namjoon lies himself down, taking slow breaths to try and breathe through it.

Namjoon shakily looks at his wrist, seeing the bruise starting to appear more from being under the bandage, now just being around it like he didn't bandage it perfectly. Jimin is going to notice it. There's no way I can hide it from him... Namjoon sighs, lowering his hand down with a frown.

"I can wait to fucking graduate..." He tells himself. "I'm getting tired of this useless abuse in my own home." Mudo suddenly meows, jumping herself onto the bed and noticing her owner is having a frown. Namjoon turns his head and smiles small. "Don't worry." He moves his hand to pet her head. "I'm taking you with me once I move out. Hyung will love you."

Mudo meows again, rubbing her head on his shoulder as she purs of being happy to see her owner naturally. Namjoon looks at the ceiling and softly sighs. I hope this pain fades away quick. I can't go to school like this. He turns himself over to his side, facing Mudo that's proudly laying herself down and about to sleep.

During the time for Jimin, he is currently trying to fix Jeongguk's bracelet by knitting it back up. Jeongguk is also with him, writing in his own homework while being on Jimin's bed. Jimin is on at his desk with a bright light aiming at what he's doing, fixing the wrist part.

"Did Hoseok text you at all today?" Jimin asks, carefully finishing up a tiny knot.

"Uh, yeah...he did." Jeongguk mumbles.

Jimin stops. He's still acting weird ever since Hoseok showed up... What's with him lately? Is it still the same thing that Namjoon told me? He sighs and puts down the sharp point, allowing to have one to only fix the bracelet. He shuts off the light and spins himself to face Jeongguk, seeing him write in his homework.

"Jeongguk-ssi."

"Hm?" He raised his brows and looks at him.

"What's up with you?"

Jeongguk blinks. "What'd you mean?"

"You've been acting weird ever since. Is it something about Hoseok? Was he someone you knew during your vacation?" Jimin couldn't help himself.

Jeongguk nervously puts his pencil down and sits up from laying on his stomach. "Um. I-I don't get what you mean..."

Jimin tilts his head. "Really? You've been acting different when Hoseok first showed up, always pushing Namjoon to the side and talking to him about something. What is it that I don't know about? What's going on with you?"

Jeongguk nervously stands up from the bed looking away and putting his hands behind his head. Jimin crosses his arms from being annoyed but confused as hell from his own best friend's behavior. Jeongguk slides his hands off his head and to his neck, closing his eyes tight. He didn't know what to do or even say to his best friend.

"I-I'm just...c-confused with myself, okay?" He turns around and looks at him. "I'm confused."

Jimin curls his brows. "N...Now I'm the one that doesn't understand." He walks over to him, placing his hands on his arm. "Gguk..."

Jeongguk moves his own hands off his neck, looking away and moving Jimin's hands off too. "I-I only told Namjoon because I wouldn't know how you'd feel about it...s-so I only told him."

"Gguk, tell me what's going on. Please." Jimin lifts his hands back up to his arm, caressing the cloth. "I'm here for you too."

"I-I think I have an actual crush on Hoseok... For real." Jeongguk looks at him again. "N...Not just a random pity one like you get one from just their looks."

Jimin flutters his eyes a bunch, trying to process a minute—even though he knows already. He looks back up to him. "You...You like Hoseok?" He curls up a smile.

"Yes, I-I-I like a boy. I like a boy with a dick—does that sound right? No. I'm into girls, not dudes." Jeongguk starts to blabber, panicking. "I'm really confusing myself!"

"Gguk." He lifts his hands up to cup his face. "Calm down. It's all okay. It's nothing to be upset about."

╭──╯