Six

╰──╮

Jeongguk grabs all the knives they offered, giving it back to the waiter.

Jimin watched him do that, feeling nothing but knowing that he doesn't trust himself with a sharp objects...anymore. Jimin sat in a corner of the booth, being hidden by the public more. Namjoon sat beside Jimin while Jeongguk sat on the other side of the booth, facing the two as he sits by himself.

"What'd you want to drink?" Namjoon softly asks, looking at Jimin.

Jimin looks at him, still having his mask on. "Water...please." He softly says.

"I'll order it for you if you'd like."

Jimin nods. "Thank you." Namjoon smiles as a reply.

"So Namjoon, what do you do outside of school?" Jeongguk decided to speak up.

Namjoon turns his head and looks at him. "I uh, I like skateboarding sometimes and reading. Mainly reading though."

"Oh, cool. What do you read about?"

Namjoon shrugs. "Mythical and fantasy stuff. I like reading stuff out of the ordinary."

"I would never assume that." Jeongguk chuckles.

After that, they ordered all of their stuff. Jimin told Namjoon what he wanted, due to shyness and being nervous to speak up for himself. They all got their food, Jimin nervously staring at his. Namjoon and Jeongguk just started eating, having no problem and liking their own choice.

Namjoon looks at him, brows curling. "Jimin?"

Jimin looks at him. "Yes?"

"Did I say the wrong thing for you?"

Jeongguk puts a hand on Namjoon's arm, getting his attention. Jeongguk shook his head, trying to signal him not to question anything and give him time to process it. Jimin glances at Jeongguk, then look at his plate of food. Jeongguk moves his hand away, pointing at his own eyes and points at the food. He signaled him to focus on his food and not look at Jimin to let him eat peacefully.

Jimin glances at the two again, looking back down at his food. He nervously lifts his hand up to his mask, slowly pulling it down. Namjoon tried his best to keep his eyes on his food. Jeongguk couldn't help to stare at Namjoon, making sure he's avoiding eye contacting Jimin's appearance.

Jimin flutters his eyes a bunch, fully taking off his mask and putting it down on the table, picking up the chopsticks. Once he was about to pick a piece of meat up from the plate with the chopsticks, his mind decided to take over.

"They're staring at you."

Jimin froze from the voice. He looks up and looks at Namjoon—he's...frozen. He looks at Jeongguk and sees him frozen too. They looked like statues. Jimin curls his brows and stands up, looking around the restaurant. Everyone is a statue. All of them are not moving. Jimin widen his eyes, not sure what to do.

"You like what I've done with the place?"

Jimin turns his head and sees Tae messing with Jeongguk's hair, still frozen in his spot. "T-Tae?"

"Turns out, I'm able to do this if your medication is wearing off. Isn't it cool?" Tae chuckles, moving his hand away from his best friend's hair and looks at Jimin.

"Tae, you-you can't ruin today! I-I don't want to embarrass myself towards them again!"

"You already have, hon. Remember when you first met Namjoon?" Tae laughs, sighing softly. "Wasn't that great? A highlight just like the past... Man, I miss that deceased rabbit already. Good memories."

"Tae!" Jimin yells, closing his eyes and lifting his hands up to his ears. "Br-Bring me back to reality! Now!" He opens his eyes back up, not seeing Tae anymore. Everything is still the same, brows curling up. He lowers his hands down from his ears. "T...Tae?"

Tae put his hands on Jimin's arms, replacing Namjoon's appearance with his own. "Then why don't you do it? Hm? You're already embarrassing yourself by zoning out in front of them."

"I-I am?"

"Of course, dummy. That's why everyone's frozen in place." Tae face went serious, gripping his shoulders. "Now wake up."

Jimin curls his brows.

"Wake up."

"Wake up, Jimin."

"Jimin!" Namjoon couldn't help to yell, shaking Jimin by his arms.

Jimin finally blinks, fluttering his eyes a lot. His eyes watered due to not blinking for such a long time, rolling down his cheeks. He was finally able to see Namjoon in his view, softly holding onto Jimin's arms and looking at him with a very and extreme worried look.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon softly asks, moving his hair out of his face for him.

"I...I..." Jimin grips his pants. "I-I need to go."

"Wait, Jimin-ah."

Jimin pushes off Namjoon's hands and goes under the table, climbing out of the booth and leaving the restaurant. Jeongguk glares at Namjoon, then gets up to chase down Jimin, so he doesn't hurt himself. Namjoon sat there, trying to understand what he did wrong. Jimin blanked out for an amount of time. It worried Namjoon and he didn't know what to do.

Once Jeongguk left the building, he saw Jimin sitting on the bench that's far from the restaurant itself, walking over to him. Jimin couldn't talk, continuing to cry while he covered his face with both of his hands. Jeongguk sits down beside him, placing a soft hand on his shoulder.

"Jimin."

My medicine is wearing off... It's not working anymore. Tae is appearing more than ever...that means it isn't working and Tae's able to control my thoughts! I can't let him do this! Jimin shakily lifts his hands up to the side of his head, gripping his hair.

"I-I need to go home." Jimin shakily whispers. "My-My medicine is wearing off..."

Jeongguk takes out his phone. "I'll call Noona—"

"Sh-She's out of town...my parents too..." Jimin scrunches himself up more. "I-I'm screwed..."

"Fuck." Jeongguk slicks his hair back. "I don't know what to do..."

"I'll drive you home." Namjoon spoke up, being behind the bench. He also held Jimin's mask that he left on the table.

Jeongguk looks, seeing Namjoon standing there. His brows knitted. "You've done enough."

Jimin shakily reaches over to grab Jeongguk's arm. "L-Let him... It-It isn't his fault."

"But, Jimin..."

Jimin grips his arm. "Please." He whispers.

╭──╯