Chapter 4: Interrogating the Senator and the Sentencing

Y/N POV

Things were only beginning to grow more interesting. Dooku's proposition, Obi-Wan's arrival and now two more famous faces I'd heard quite a bit about  over the last decade had appeared on Geonosis.

It seems, before he was apprehended, Obi-Wan managed to send out a signal. And who-else should answer it. But the Chosen One himself and the very Senator I knew Gunray had been obsessing over, the one Dooku had tried to have assassinated.

Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala both made quite a scene upon their arrival here. They'd managed to make their way through the Droid Factory, damaging numerous pieces of machinery and even killing some of the Geonosian guards before they too were caught and apprehended.

Before their sentencing though, Dooku wanted to have a discussion with the Senator. Poggle agreed reluctantly. Now the three of us were all sat back in that meeting room, awaiting our new guests when the door at the far end opened up.

The first to enter the room surprised me. The shining armour, definitely of Mandalorian origin was a giveaway. The Bounty Hunter Jango Fett entered the room accompanied by two Geonosian guards.

Image of Jango Fett:

Dooku grinned before saying "Ah, I believe introductions are in order

Dooku grinned before saying "Ah, I believe introductions are in order." Jango took his helmet off as Dooku introduced us. "Y/N, this is Jango Fett. Fett, this is Minister Y/N L/N of the Intergalactic Shipwright's guild."

We shook hands as I said "So, you're the Bounty Hunter I've heard so much about. I guess we'll see if your reputation holds up, won't we?" The last part was said sarcastically however my tone didn't bother Jango, instead he just kept a stern, piercing look as he stated. "I'm sure you won't be disappointed." Just then as the door opened once again.

Dooku calmly said "It seems our other guests have arrived." I sat back down as Jango went to stand to the left of Dooku. More Geonosian guards entered the room followed by the two captives. Padme took a seat directly opposite while Anakin stood to her right glaring at myself, Dooku, Jango and Poggle from across the table.

Image of Padme Amidala:

I had only met the young Skywalker once before

I had only met the young Skywalker once before. Ten years ago, I was still a Jedi and he was just a young boy brought before them by Qui Gon. By now he'd naturally ascended to the rank of Padawan though I could definitely sense anger within him.

Image of Anakin Skywalker:

For a moment, there was silence before Padme instantly went right into making demands

For a moment, there was silence before Padme instantly went right into making demands. "You're holding a Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I'm formally requesting you hand him over to me now." I just grinned at her boldness, she was in no position to make demands.

Dooku pointed out "We don't recognize the Republic here Senator. But if Naboo was to join our alliance, I could easily hear your plea for clemency." Padme's eyes narrowed at this as she asked "And if I don't join your rebellion?"

I spoke up "Think clearly Senator, you don't want to make a mistake you regret." She looked at me confused before Dooku told her in a more stern voice than before. "The Republic cannot be fixed, my lady. It is time to start over."

Padme didn't even hesitate when she declared. "I know of your treaties with the Trade Federation, the Shipwright's Guild, the Commerce Guild and the others Count. The fact you brought the Shipwright's new Minister here is proof enough. I will not forsake all that I've honoured and worked for and betray the Republic."

At this, both me and Dooku sighed, with him saying "Without your cooperation-." He raised his hands finishing with false sympathy. "-I've done all I can for you." That was all Poggle needed as he ordered in Geonosian "Take them both away!"

Padme stood up as both her and Anakin were escorted from the room by the Geonosian guards. They'd made their decision. And they'd have to suffer the consequences of that...

Timeskip...

"You have been charged and found guilty of espionage." Poggle stated from atop the lectern. Light shone down through a small window behind him, casting Anakin and Padme in a circular light.

I watched with Dooku, Gunray and the others as Padme threatened. "You're committing an act of war Archduke. I hope you're prepared for the consequences." Poggle chuckled before retorting "We build weapons Senator. That is our business! Of course we're prepared!"

To my left, Gunray snapped "Get on with it! Carry out the sentence! I want to see her suffer!" I rolled my eyes before turning back to the sentencing before us. Poggle leaned forward, glaring down at the two.

"Your Jedi friend is waiting for you Senator." He raised his hand and addressed the guards in the room. "Take them to the execution arena!" Two guards approached Anakin and Padme and began to escort them from the room. It seems the main event would begin shortly.

Little did I know, things wouldn't go so smoothly...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter as well. This one may have been confusing for some since it was actually based off two deleted scenes back to back. I felt like including them because they fit. The next chapter will be the first action sequence of the book so I hope you enjoy that and as always, thank you for reading.