Chapter 17: Pirate Invasion

Y/N POV

"Let them aboard, I believe I can deter them from coming back." 

Nachkt just nodded reluctantly "If you insist." He climbed back into the cockpit chair and began to push the shut-down controls. The ship's engines began to turn off. I could practically HEAR the pirates thinking this would be an easy haul, unaware of what awaited them.

It seems they were interested in robbing the ship rather than destroying it. There was no blaster fire, instead we received signal that a ship had docked itself at one of the airlocks underneath the freighter.

We turned on one of the external cameras to see that sure enough, a ship had latched itself on. It was definitely pirates as well, I recognized those Flarestar attack shuttles.

Flarestar-Class Attack Shuttle:

I instantly turned and began walking towards the door of the bridge

I instantly turned and began walking towards the door of the bridge. Nachkt turned to me and asked "Where are you going?!" I gave him a sideways glance before responding "I'm going to give you new guests a little welcome."

At this Nachkt smirked I could tell he'd caught on to what I meant. I'd be more surprised if you didn't. I wasn't exactly being the most discrete about it. Especially with my lightsaber hilt still in-hand.

With that little explanation out of the way, I continued and stepped out of the door entering the rest of the ship. I was met with a corridor that was just as rusty as the bridge. At the end was a flight of stairs which I descended.

It didn't take long following along corridors for the sound of blaster fire to be heard, I remembered the scavenger telling me that he had some IG Assassin droids, they'd likely already engaged the pirates before now.

The theory was proven right because once I'd rounded a corner, I was met with a door opening just to the side, one such droid stepped out into the corridor, shooting away at one of the pirates presumably in the room.

Image of an IG-86 Assassin Droid:

The sight of the droid once again filled me with anger as a bad memory resurfaced

The sight of the droid once again filled me with anger as a bad memory resurfaced. However this was soon forgotten as several blaster bolts hit the droid in its torso causing it to stagger back into the wall, one blast to the head shot it clean off causing the droid to slump to the ground.

I began to approach the door when two Weequay pirates stepped out, armed with the standard blaster pistols. They both approached the dismantled Assassin Droid, with one of them commenting "So, Nachkt managed to invest in some security." The other chuckled and responded "Lot of good it did him. Even these Assassin droids are rusted and defective."

Now, I decided to make my presence known, stepping forward caught the attention of both Pirates to snap their heads towards me, raising their blasters to defend themselves. The one with the goggles snapped "Who are you?!"

Image of a Weequay Pirate:

The other pirate's eyes trailed down to the lightsaber in my hand

The other pirate's eyes trailed down to the lightsaber in my hand. Shock and fear over took him as he stuttered out "A-a Jedi? Here?!" I didn't make any gestures, instead I just responded in a monotone voice "No, not a Jedi." Before I ignited my saber.

Stepping forward, I wasted no time thrusting the blade forward right into the chest of the pirate closest to me. As his body dropped to the ground the other raised his blaster and fired in panic. I effortlessly blocked the bolt and swiped, cutting the tip of the blaster.

I extended my arm, flinging the second pirate down the corridor, causing him to crash into a door at the end of it. His presence caused the door to open leading deeper into the ship. I walked towards it, quickly finishing off the pirate as I passed him.

Exploring further into the ship I came to a large blast door, the sound of blaster fire could once again be heard on the other end. With a wave of the hand, the button for the door beeped and the door opened up revealing a large storage area, presumably where Nachkt stored all his cargo.

It was in here I was met with a stand-off. Near the door were two more IG-86 Assassin droids firing at a small band of five pirates where were using the storage crates as cover. As soon as I entered the firing ceased briefly.

The pirates looked up in my direction, this caught the droid's attention as well and made their visual lenses turn in my direction. I stepped forward and said "Good day gentlemen. You may be wondering where your two comrades went."

The pirates all eyed me in confusion before I continued "They are both dead on a corridor not far from here." This caused one of them to snap "Why you-!" All five of them opened fire however I was ready. My lightsaber deflected their bolts before I thrust my hand out.

The crates they were hiding behind were flung back, knocking some of the Pirates down with them. I stepped forward and began to cut through each pirate one after the other until there was only one left. 

I just stood over him when he suddenly pulled his blaster on me, before he had a chance to fire though I thrust my blade forward right through his chest. Glaring at the Weequay I spat "Perhaps now you pirates will think twice about interfering with the interests of the Confederacy of Independent Systems."

Without withdrawing the blade, I switched the saber off allowing the body to collapse to the ground, for a moment I just stood there, catching my breath. There seemed to be no more pirates left now it was just a matter of disposing of them.

I snapped around, staring at the IG Assassin droid that was still present. "Gather up the bodies, return them to their ship and then detach it from the airlock." The droid didn't respond and instead stood up and began making its way to collect the two pirate bodies from the hallway from earlier.

While this was being cleaned up, I headed right back to the bridge, as soon as I entered it, I barely dodged as a blaster bolt whizzed past my head, hitting the wall. Turning to its source, I glared at Nachkt was sat with his blaster extended in front of him.

He sighed and stated "I thought you were one of those Pirates." I didn't retaliate and instead just explained "They've already been dealt with. Your droids are cleaning up the mess. Now, there's been a change of plans."

Gha Nachkt's eyes narrowed as he asked "Change? To what?" I'd thought of this earlier, it would be better than me having to find an alternative method of contacting from some remote planet. Especially since I was no longer with my ship, rendering the beacon on said ship pointless. I held up a small communicator and said.

"I'm going to contact Count Dooku, arrange a destination..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. Now I will say, I want to end this segment on something interesting , we only have a few chapters until then (I'm not exactly sure yet, how many, then we'll move into the Malevolence arc which will hopefully be fun. I really do hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.